The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Galant - Taiwan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    BXNYMitsu01

Re: New Galant - Taiwan

I like it. 8)

Very nice it is much better than that thing that we are getting that they are trying to pass it off as a galant.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

SilverKnight
    would those headlights fit ours and if they did could any body get them.

8ggalant
    those chrome headlights r hot :shock:

Let me get the tails in this pic

Those joints are instant points at a show

would the headlamps or tails fit our 8Gs? i know someone already said they might not look good but i'm just wondering?

-Ballernation-
    If my history is correct, the 8G was introduced to Japan on 1996 (hmmm...we were still on the 7G at the time untill 1999). We didn't get this design until 1999-2001. (not the 8.5G with that new nose job...) My question is: why did MitsuUSA decided to change the 8G? Was it too uncool? Was the fact it didn't sell like it should? (I think it sold quite well in other countries). Or the fact people at Chrysler are making silly decisions again? I would point out that the rest of the world still prefer the 8G as their main design line for the Galant since 1996 and it should remain that way until MMC (not DSM) considers a design change. I know I'm being a beefcake about this but, this must has to be done. thanks for reading this.

Senior TGC Member
    Because as one automotive journal once said, "Mitsubishi is truly the Homer Simpson of car companies."
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

damn right, Mitsu should keep the 03" 8G.

To answer that question Ballernation the 8th Gen Galant was selling just fine but Mitsubishi Motors of America decided the new Galant should be bigger and "cater to the needs and tastes of the american public". In other words make it as big as a boat with no shape or style. Mitsubishi Motors of America, not Mitsubishi as a whole, but Mitsubishi USA is a copy-cat follow the leader type company. They saw the Altima was doing well and new the Camry got bigger so they said lets make the stylish 8G Galant just as big and ugly. They improved on some things but when you look at the big picture they really didnt do much. They gave it more hp but now its heavier, they added this hot interior with all these features and projector lamps but the body-style is so so. I guess they dont care as long as they sell the car in bigger numbers and they feel this is what Americans want. And according to reviews American car reviewers say it has more style than our car. Ummmm sure

Take a look at what was said

http://www.nctd.com/sneakpreview.cfm?ReviewID=43
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Also I think the new tiawan is a great looking car, how could anyone say its ugly. If you notice all the did was improve on the 2003 US galant.
    Example JDM tailights are reflective and bright like the 2003 Tailights, the gril is like the 2003 only its in the chrome grill version found on the 99-2001 and the bumper and foglights have got a new shape. The car is hot and thats what the 2004 Galant should have looked like but with 230 hp!!

Not that big boat looking thing!!
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Jeff
    so who decided to "re-style" the USDM 9g? I'd rather pay the extra to import that 2k4 and convert it to US emissions, than buy the 9g. I'm moving overseas damnit :evil:

hotboy04240
    i like the front, the foglights look nice and that grill is pretty nice too..the new spoiler looks good too.

OMG. i love the look. front end is like always, SICK. i cant wait to win the lottery and import a GDI VR4 and a Legnum both w/ racing seats, fully gutted and rollcage....oversea bastards
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12