The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: new engine

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    xSILENTx

new engine

When i bought my car about 9 months ago it had about 50000 miles now its at about 75000 and i've basically beat it to shit .Does anyone know of any higher performance engines that are direct bolt on without having to change much.

Mindless
    a 4g63 from an eclipse will work, but I think you need the tranny also.

Jaxus
    depends on what you are looking for, I am a noob, but from what I understand, you are looking at either a 4g63 or a 4g64, take your pick. They recently reviewed the specs (like it was some big new thing to do or something) on the 4g63 in Import Tuning magazine for June, if you want to see some specs in print form.

if you have a 7g then a 4g64 is what you have. a 4g63T (not just 4g63, you need the T) is an upgrade (kinda, it's built for a turbo but it has .4 less liters of displacement). it works with the stock galant manual transmission (look in other posts for info on automatics because i don't know). i have my 4g63T bolted up to my stock trans right now and it's working good so far, i'm running about 18.7psi right now (on a AGP L2r which i believe is a GT30 compressor wheel) and nothing's broken yet but it's only been a week or so that i've been running those numbers.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sabzi5858)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you have a 7g then a 4g64 is what you have. Â*a 4g63T (not just 4g63, you need the T) is an upgrade (kinda, it's built for a turbo but it has .4 less liters of displacement). Â*it works with the stock galant manual transmission (look in other posts for info on automatics because i don't know). Â*i have my 4g63T bolted up to my stock trans right now and it's working good so far, i'm running about 18.7psi right now (on a AGP L2r which i believe is a GT30 compressor wheel) and nothing's broken yet but it's only been a week or so that i've been running those numbers.</div>

Your running 18.75psi on your 7gs manual tranny... are you still using stock tranny parts, such as cluth and flywheel? Are you running that much on a daily basis or just for track purposes.. I custom fabricated a turbo on my manual 8g and i the most i could run without being to concerned about tranny temps was about 16psi.. and if you are if you are running that much on a DD are you on stock internals?
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

stock tranny, ACT 2100 clutch, Fidanza flywheel, stock internals. the 4g63T can handle about 22-25psi with the stock headgasket/head bolts, and around 400 and some HP on stock internals. my compression is 7.8:1 also. it may be that my transmission is a factory freak, or it could be that it's in the process of dying or maybe just doesn't get enough abuse. it's a daily driver and i don't resist the urge to boost all too often, unless the roads are crowded or slippery. i run 93 octane, and have about 7 counts of knock from 6000RPM+, but that's most likely because i still have the stock fuel pump in there :shock: i have a supra tt fuel pump which i'm trying to install, but one of the fittings is a pain to get open.