The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need advice and help with my ride

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    signet

need advice and help with my ride

ok here is the problem the car was driving fine then one day it stalled out while driving it then it would only start back up if the key was out for a few minutes then it would restart and idle would fluxuate up and down only when stopping at a light . Now last night it stalled three times and then at a light the idle went up and then down and off . I waited a little while and made it to my brother in laws . H tried starting it to take it to the shop and it would only crank over. Someone said it could be my ais sensor or the tps . suggestions please.

problem solver

:twisted: The first part I replace the idle control motor the second part I dont know this is what you do check for spark, fuel pressure, compression, the last part sounds like its getting no spark check both the connectors by the distibutor tell me what was wrong with it I like to learn new things :twisted:

What was the last thing done on the car? Intake? I'd check to make sure the TB is clean and you don't have a leak in your intake. Next, you should check that your battery terminals are connected really tight and your engine ground cable is good and tight too. Lastly, I would pull the plugs and inspect each one for other signs of engine problem.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

signet
    It was the distributor and the pick up wire broke. but now my check engine lite is on and it idles high.