The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hELP PLEASE

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    spinner

hELP PLEASE

I know my cathalytic converter is crap.(at the rpm more than 3000 it makes loud noise.(CHECKED BY MECHANIC))
    Here is my question:what if i take it out and put just a piece of pipe instead?
    Please help
    (dealership price is 1100$)FOR NEW ONE.
    Thank you!

Rasko Da Gama
    Sure you can do that... With this mod you'll gain some power, but I don't know what problems will you have on technical "check-out"... I know in my country it id forbidden to drive a car without catalic converter...

Goddd luck...

J apmetal
    You should gain a little power, depending on what engine you have in your Galant [more powerful engines will benefit better than lower-tuned models

Like Rasko says though, you should check on the emmissions laws for your country to see if this is legal, or you need your catalyst for the car to be road-legal :!:

ConceptSleeper
    if you plan on replacing the catalytic converter with a piece of pipe it wont harm the car or performance, but like ^^^these guys said it is illegal a lot of places to not have a cat, even here in New Mexico where there is no emissions laws or inspections if you get caught then its a big fine, also even if it is a state that doesnt have emissions laws you will have a hard time finding any muffler shop or RESPECTABLE mechanic to bypass the cat as it will result in a fine for them. So if you dont have access to a welder and appropriate tools then bite the bullet and hunt down a universal catalytic converter and go to your local muffler shop and have em weld it on for ya!!