The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: All 7G have CAI, please give me some suggestions

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    stan6199

All 7G have CAI, please give me some suggestions

I have a CAI and a MagnaFlow stainless steel street muffler, but I didn't notice any power improvment.(Maybe just a little bit and I lose power a lot when I am at low end.) The location of pipe is beside the engine(the pipe getting very very hot, when car warms up), so when the air go through the pipe, it warms up again. I just wonder anyone with CAI, what do you feel about your CAI? Do you think it works better than stock intake? I already tried to wrap my pipe with thermo-shield, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

im pretty sure your a little faster then stock, your just used to it maybe, after i got my cai, exhust, headers and other stuff, it all feels stock to me...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Mindless
    When I first put my CAI on I was like WHOA, but I've got used to it so it feels normal now.

Experienced TGC Member
    Honestly with a CAI and a muffler you are only looking at like MAYBE 7whp. Those 7whp can most likely be found at about 5500 rpm which I usually never hit on a regular basis.
    I think it is more of a mental thing, just knowing it's there and being able to hear the sound difference in the manifold makes it "feel" faster.
    You have to do a lot more than those 2 mods to feel power.

I tell you what, the greatest power increase I have ever felt in my 7g is right after I had the timing belt changed
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

galantWI
    Was your timing belt not working, or did you just get a new one and feel more performance>??

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantWI)</div><div class='quotemain'>Was your timing belt not working, or did you just get a new one and feel more performance>??</div>

Pretty much, I don't think it had ever been changed. I went and got the 90K maintenance and the timing belt was one they changed out. It just felt much strongerer and responsive
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

it makes sense to me

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    im goin on 65k, hopefully ill get my timing belt changed next week
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Well when i did mine i felt the difference right away, as soon as 2nd gear kicks though. It feels like the car wants to peel into 3rd. I guess it depends on your exhaust too.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

IllestGalant
    a timing belt will in no way, whatsoever no way increase horsepower. there be no difference at all. The timing belt holds the camshaft in timing with the crankshaft and drives the balancer shaft and the oil pump. it will in no way increase any power or restore anything unless it was not timed properly to begin with.

chewbaca
    how much did it cost to get your 7g timing belt replaced?
    Just wondering because I'm at 80 thousand and I think it might be time.

SkunK
    Probably just a placebo effect. Whenever you do something new to your car, it always seems faster right ?

Quote Originally Posted by SkunK
    Probably just a placebo effect. Whenever you do something new to your car, it always seems faster right ?
    probably... i just thought the belts could be slipping...