The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stock horsepower

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    mseayjr

stock horsepower

Anyone know the stock horsepower on my 1994 galant es? and after I add cai, headers, exaust, ground wires and nology plugs, What would it be then? Also after I make these mods, How much of the laughing gas can the car take?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    stock = 141hp
    7g for life!

Just throwing mods at a car can actually yeild HP loss! You need to be able to tune the car after each mod to get the best combo. As far as nitrous goes, it really depends on the condition of everything else in the car. If you add nitrous to a vehicle that isn't in perfect mechanical condition, you are gonna have serious problems.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_aka_jluv97
    Just throwing mods at a car can actually yeild HP loss! You need to be able to tune the car after each mod to get the best combo. As far as nitrous goes, it really depends on the condition of everything else in the car. If you add nitrous to a vehicle that isn't in perfect mechanical condition, you are gonna have serious problems.
    hey just to be more specific... what do u mean when u say tune??? what would i have to do??? and where do i do these tunning that everyone mentions, i doubt its just a tuneup with an oil change and spark plugs...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

yeah eh? What DOES tuning the car mean? I dont remember tuning after the muffler or the CAI. Please lemme know cause i wanna go faster too! lol.

Think of an S-AFC and some of the modifications it will let you do. The goal of tuning is to optimize rather than maximize. You want to run stoich at all levels of your power band.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

ohhh okay, soo im looking to optimize my cars performance instead of maximizing...how will i do this??? will i need an s-afc???

what about the stock hp on a 2000 es
    you do what you do because it feels good to ya

xpldy
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>stock = 141hp</div>
    is it the same on all 7gs?
    if not, what would it be on a 96 Galant S

yup all the same...

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>yup all the same...</div>

Well.. except for the 1994 GS model which was a DOHC 2.4L and pushed about 161

But the rest are all 141 :cry:
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>