The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What mods void a warranty?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

What mods void a warranty?

I was just wondering what mods voided a warranty. I bought the car in April and I don't want to really mess up the warranty. Pretty sure I voided the electrical part of the warrant y since I put on ther JDM tiallights. Will intake,headers, and catback void a warranty? If so, oh well, because thats my next project.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

Senior TGC Member
    Nothing will void warranty by itself I believe. However if your engine goes poof and you have headers I think the dealership will capitalize on that and say it was the headers that caused the engine failure. My dealership has a list of items, maybe yours does too. Basically everything voids warranty for me hehehe
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Galant_01
    Well if you read your warranty it does say that ANY aftermarket, non-Mitsu part will void your warranty! But the headers, and exaust will void it defintely but mine was cool with the intake and lowering springs. So really it depends on how strict your Service Dept is! It is one of those if they are in the mood type things on weather you will have to argue! But be careful because they can and will void you. You signed the "agreement" to get the car and follow the instructions so.... Do whatever you feel you can afford!

Senior TGC Member
    Hehe...good point. My dealership knows about me modding up my car, but whenever I go in and it's back in stock form they don't say anything about warranty
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Gawd I feel like I've responded to this post a hundred times. We may as well remove the search engine, cuz nobody uses it!!

Here's the deal. Nothing you put on your car will void your warranty UNLESS the dealer can prove beyond a doubt that the specific part you put on caused whatever failed to fail. In other words if I put headers on my car and the transmission craps out, there's no way the dealer can say the headers caused the transmission failure.

This has been discussed and answered so many times...this is the way the warranty is on your car. End of discussion.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

toc8g
    Right Chip! Topic Closed and question answered!