The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Squeeky Brakes

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    2002GALANTes

Squeeky Brakes

Alright guys and girls, my brakes squeek sometimes while slowing down. The other day it was really bad, and today it was fine. What could be causing this squeeky noise? All help would be greatly appreciated. And excuse the spelling, if it is spelt wrong(squeeky).

Senior TGC Member
    Hmmm...various reasons. Sometimes the brakes just need to be cleaned, other times the brakes are starting to wear out...many variables.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

chances are its jsut brake dust. a good temporary fix for that is to go to the auto parts store and get u a bottle of braek cleaner and jsut spray the brakes down. does the trick for a lil bit. i just live with it and just spray every once in a while. can't afford a brake job right now

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I have some tips under the tutorials section for 8G called Un-Squeaking the Brakes here click click

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

I had, and still do, have squeeky brakes. I have a 2002 and bought the car back in April I took it to the dealership just last week and they told me that it was normal. I said after 5 months? They were like just let the brakes wear in. I thinks thats bull so I am going to follow that tutorial and see if that helps.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gizmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>I had, and still do, have squeeky brakes. I have a 2002 and bought the car back in April I took it to the dealership just last week and they told me that it was normal. I said after 5 months? They were like just let the brakes wear in. I thinks thats bull so I am going to follow that tutorial and see if that helps.</div>

don't forget to check out the mileage on your car. don't want to get new brakes after the warranty if u don't have to...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

neenjagtz
    I dont know if you guys do this but the rotors need to be resurfaced every other brake pad change or so. I didnt do mine this past pad change and my brakes squeak like hell. Its pretty friggin annoying especially when you're tryin to creep up next to someone to talk to them and the brakes are louder than you are.

Senior TGC Member
    Hehe...there was a guy getting his car checked out cause his brakes squealed louder than a pig, turned out his 2001 Accord's rotors had crystallized from the massive amounts of heat.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison