The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Springs!?????

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    B176969

Springs!?????

hey i was wondering if anyone knew or knows where to find springs for a 90 mitsubishi galant? i have had a guy look everywhere. i want the Ibok sportline that would give it about a 2" drop. i want like a 2 inch drop if anyone knows of anything let me know please...... :firedevil:

Hoopcrazyt8
    sorry i wont know anywhere but have you try nopi.com

Rasko Da Gama
    If your Galant is AWD (All wheel drive), it has the same springs as VR-4- Therefore, the best place to get them is: www.whiteline.com.au/store
    You can also use springs (Eibach sportlines, H&R etc...) for 1G AWD Eclipse (1990-1994), but you'll have to cut front springs a bit to get it even. Galant is a little heavier, so the rare end drops a bit more than on Eclipse. To get your car straiht, you must cut front springs a bit.

If you have FWD Galant (Front wheel drive) you can get them from Intrax I think, and there are a few other you can consider... As before You can also use springs for !G FWD Eclipse and cut the fronts...

Good luck! 8)

ConceptSleeper
    go to the general information section for the 6G, and i have listed quite a few parts including springs and struts for the 6G galant, i have more to list so soon as i can i will

B176969
    well my galant is FWD but i want the front a little higher so that weight distrubution works out ok for the take off and things like that. so 90-93 eclipse will match up for sure someone has tried it.? i checked the part numbers and things like that and they are different.

ConceptSleeper
    did u look at the part list???

ConceptSleeper
    heres the link to the list :
    http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7448

intrax, cobra suspension, ground control/eibach

ken inn
    spring length/rates:
    tel fwd front green-12.9 in 134 lbs
    lt blue-12.4 134
    awd pink 12.9 146
    galant vr4 orange 14.2 134

tel fwd rear orange 13.1 140
    awd purple 12.46 128.8

galant vr4 pink 15.3 112.0

additionally, shock rates vary immensly. ie:
    tel fwd frt is 220/66 rear 198/66
    galant vr4 309/99 265/99

so, springs are different lengths, shocks are different rates, now, you tell me that they work? additionally, if you put galant springs on tel shocks, they are tuned? even preload is different. and you wonder why the car rides like crap or dont handle.

ConceptSleeper
    go with the Galant Specified applications like the ones in the link i posted above^^^