The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ether

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    zchb9

ether

ok i got some ether (starting fluid) and tried to make the car start but still no luck. i was told that it has to have some gas for that to even work. is that correct? well im calling places today to get their prices on a new fuel pump and to install cause i have no idea how and would prob mess it up. A guy i talked to from the dealership said that the ecu wasn't bad if i was getting spark and i am. but he said to check the fuel pump fuse and relay where can you find those?

ken inn
    you should get a factory manual, and all your questions will be answered. you can get it on cd, check ebay, they are about 20 bucks. also, i'd bet there is a lead in the engine bay to energize the fuel pump without starting the car. that would tell you instantly if the fuel pump works.

ConceptSleeper
    with the starting fluid it should "stumble" like it begins to start then dies again!

do not ever use "ether" or starting fluid on a car.

ive seen far too many serious accidents from the stuff, both to people and to engines.
    if the car isnt starting without it, it sure as hell isnt gonna start with it.
    I suggest finding the problem and fixing it.

zchb9
    thats what i was doing trying to figure out the problem, i had help from people who know how to use it and i only tried it once i know it'll hurt the engine if you use alot. I think its either the fuel pump or the comp. thats went bad.