The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Where are all the UK users ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 49
    J apmetal

Where are all the UK users ?

There seem to be groups of members across the US who get together all the time;

Where is everyone in the UK ? if there are enough fo us I'm sure a big meetup somewhere central to us all would be fun !

Post here to make yourselves known & see how many UK Galants there are on this forum !

Kieran
    .....And representing Nottingham

Any other UK galant owners out there?! A meet sounds like a good idea.

I've also noticed there's no UK Galant owner's club - Anybody interested?..............

K

MTB

Kieran
    Thanks - Yeah, I've seen that - it's a good site...

I was really thinking about a club that's not specific to any one particular model - It would be good for us in the UK with mere mortal I4 and V6 Galants

J apmetal
    Looks like there's only the two of us so far

BUT I did say before my g/f lives in Long Eaton, so a meetup wouldnt be too hard to organise in this case

I agree; a UK Owner's club not specific to the VR4 would be good, we jsut need the numbers. I've seen a few Galants aropund this area, maybe we should get some flyers on windscreens & see who we can attract here, then we could set up our very own UK Chapter 8)

psyke
    Quote Originally Posted by J apmetal
    Looks like there's only the two of us so far
    Make that three. Currentley in Gloucester, but will be moving soon.

Kieran
    Horray! The number of UK users has just increased by 50%!

Come on guys, there MUST be more of you out there!

J apmetal
    kieran; we have to meet up some weekend soon, so I can drool over you gorgeous 8G body [the car, obviously ! :shock:]

Kieran
    Quote Originally Posted by J apmetal
    kieran; we have to meet up some weekend soon, so I can drool over you gorgeous 8G body [the car, obviously ! :shock:]
    Drool over my 8G body?! Oo-er Missus!! :shock:

I agree - a meet would be good. Things are a bit mad here at the moment, and the diary's pretty full, but let me know when you're free and we'll try and arrange something 8)

J apmetal
    I'm free most weekends anyway; usually down your way on a Sunday to see my Girlfriend so let me knwo when u get a spare afternoon & fancy seeing how the 'old skool' roll 8)

psyke
    I'm not up for a meet in the near future, but for information it looks likely I'll be moving to Belper (Derbyshire) so if there's going to future east midland meets I may be up for it.

Picked up my new(ish) Galant on Wednesday, a '95 2.0 V6. It's my first automatic, so I'm still getting used to that, but it seems to go like stink.

J apmetal
    UK users are currently very thing on the ground around here [as you can probably tell reading this thread] so 'meets' are currently looking like the three of us hanging about somewhere looking a bit lost - BUT HEY, we all gotta start somewhere, right ? 8)

scottish ian
    hi guy,s i would come to your "meet" but!! i stay a wee bit away :? (just west of glasgow) so i,ll have to give it a miss .but if there are any other G-owners in scotland give uz a shout and maybe 1 day wee can all meet ?
    at the moment i have the only modded galant in
    scotland that i have seen or know about ??? :sup:
    un less you no different

98®,silver saloon,2.0,16v,dual exits,lowerd,17z,
    modded air intake "n" some ice
    tinted window,s to follow an a nice big bonnet vent.
    8)

Kieran
    Hi Ian,

Where do you get your mod bits from? Anywhere in particular?

If you wouldn't mind posting them to the Parts/Service info thread I've started, I'd be grateful

Cheers!

Nick VR4
    Hi Guys
    Most UK peeps go to http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/

Im based in Bucks but drive to Blackpool every other week

scottish ian
    most of my mod,s were done at home. my duel,s were made by myself and a mate (who is a marine engineer)i have 2 cherry bombs(4""oval s/steel) 3meter,s of stainless flexy pipe and my mate made the T=peice from stainless it all fit,s together very nicelly
    my modded air box was very easy,you just strip all the air box housing and drill hole,s init(but remember to drill them before the fillter!!) i then added a k,n panel fillter and heh presto you get an amazing sound and alot more air in to your mix.(i drilled most of my holes on the bottom and just 1 row off holes up either side about an inch apart)
    i got my wheel,s from a local alloy wheel dealer THE FIRST SET OF NEW WOLFRACE URBAN RACER 2 to go on a car in scotland 8) (so they said)
    i stay very very local to "need for speed .co.uk" but i would not use them they only order it like you can(over the phone) and then charge you for the call and P&P,my wheels would have been £180 more if i used them

Dmac1969
    Another UK owner here! Im from sunny (!) Berwick in North Northumberland , close to the Scotish Border. I would be interested in a meet of some sorts if and when the numbers go up sufficiently. How about asking on the clubVR4 site for any non VR4 owners to join in?

Cheers

itmatt
    Make that another one. Legnum VR4

ritch_w
    mere mortal 2.5 v6 sport also west of Glasgow
    (can be seen daily on the M8 :twisted: )

Ian - your car sounds cool is it a 2.0 or 2.5?

scottish ian
    hi rich my motor is a mortal 2.0 !! but i must admit it,s got plenty of grunt for a 4 cyl. i got your e.mail about my mod,s i sent a reply.
    i,ve also seen the pic,s of your car looks good . my car is a 98 model the same shape as your,s but diff bumpers.i,ll keep it another 2 years then i,m going for a VR-4.
    i got my wheels from gordon hazelton in hillington if your after wheels go see him he keeps his word not like 2 other place,s in glasgow who just mess folk about.i think you should get a VR-4 spoiler on your car as it would look near the real thing. do any of you guys get strange questions about your cars? i,m always getting asked what it is .also can you tell me in glasgow the breakers yard with the 99 model galant.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast