The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: radiator

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

radiator

how much is it to change your radiator, either from dealer or shop ? mines got a leak and i tried to use some stuff i bought from kragen but it didnt work.

$336.79 from OEM-Car-Parts. click here

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

That's dealer prices. I suggest you shop around different dealers around your area and also try Don Herring (sp?) Mitsubishi in TX?? Everyone says they have very good prices.

There are also radiator shops that will try to repair the damage too. So long as the core is not clogged, you should be ok. That would be the cheapest alternative.

is there anything that you can buy to try to patch up the hole, because i can see the hole clearly. thanks for your input

Sorry I don't. But honestly, with so much pressure generated by a hot radiator, I would get some professional help in reparing the hole. You might want to go to you local autoparts shop and see what they have but like I said, I wouldn't recommend it.

repairing it = a bad idea.

some professional places used to, but once everyone went to aluminum radiators, it became a practice that was not useful..

a lot of aftermarket radiators are NOT going to be aluminum.. because theyre cheap, they will probably be brass like old school radiators.
    this isnt a huge problem by itself, but brass is about 40 percent less efficient at transferring heat than aluminum (which is the reason why everyone got away from it in the first place).
    on a car like a galant, the brass will probably be fine (as the galants dont generate that much heat anyway)

i got my radiator from www.radiators.com for 180 plus shipping and installed it myself.. not hard at all... cheapest i could find too