The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: doing the grill mod!!!! finished!!!

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    PUNISHER

doing the grill mod!!!! finished!!!

hell yah, i started the grill mod today, and it is looking good!!!!!! i just did the center bottom by making a template and bending the gril around that and then fitting it to the grill and touching up the parts that are a little short or long, now all i have to do is paint the mesh black and drill the holes for the screws and set it in, i am also doing the fog light holes (i have no fog lights) and the center upper grill as soon as i get a dremel today to cut out the slats. it is looking damn good though.

are you going to show me how to do it? remember the mesh that i had in my trunk? i also want to paint it black or maybe just get another one. let me know when you have time for me to stop by and do my grill
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:23pt;line-height:100%'>ROD T
    Sgt/USMC</span>
    Highly motivated, truly dedicated, hard charging, professionally trained,</span>

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Have fun with it, and post pics of it when your done..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

PUNISHER
    i think it looks really good, i mean it is obvious i did it myself but can't complain for 10.00 for everything.(mesh and paint)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EVIL GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think it looks really good, i mean it is obvious i did it myself but can't complain for 10.00 for everything.(mesh and paint)</div>

Where did you get your mesh from?

PUNISHER
    home depot america's place to get stuff for your car for cheap!!!!

what's the specific name of the stuff you used? i went to homebase the other day and explained what i wanted to someone there but he was like, "i don't know what you looking for man"

PUNISHER
    i got premium hinged gutter guards, it is a 5 pack and they are just big enough for the center bottom piece. it is made from galvanized steel. you will have to take off the hinges but that is easy. go to home depot and look for the gutters in the back with the fences, the gutter guards should be there too. there is also a big sheet of mesh they sell for cheaper but it is flimsy, it will work too.it is in the same area as the fences and gutters.

PUNISHER
    DONE!!!!!! it looks a little rugged but i did not do all the sanding and repainting i just cut all the slats and put in the mesh, i did not just put it behind the hole . i molded the mesh into the hole. the only thing i don't know about is the painting of it, i think after a while it will be silver again. the black looks great against the white but i don't think it will las long. sorry no pics but asap i will take some new pics of the EVIL ONE.

yea, i jsut did mine like 2 weeks ago. i didn't cut out the bars though but still it is a major imporovement in looks compared to before.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    What tools did you need to do the mod? I think Im going to make an attempt at it soon.

(Will someone please posts some pics)

Quote Originally Posted by Jet BLaK
    What tools did you need to do the mod? I think Im going to make an attempt at it soon.

(Will someone please posts some pics)
    i used a 10mm socket and wrench
    long needle nose pliers
    some kinda cutter for the mesh (cutting pliers work well)
    masking tape
    zip ties
    and some band aids
    o yea a bottle of touch up

Black Magic
    i got some pics of mine but i just left mine chrome and threw a vr-4 badge on the front just click below www. i might be selling mine soon though cause im gettin a kit.

i think i am the only one that cant figure this Grill MOD,, out,

BTW i have 02 galant,, and i already wasted 5 grills,,,the reason i can't do is i scare that i might scratch my front bumper..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Quote Originally Posted by K h O p A r I

BTW i have 02 galant,, and i already wasted 5 grills,,,the reason i can't do is i scare that i might scratch my front bumper..
    rough cut the mesh and then cover the ends of the mesh with some maskign tape. you scratch less and cut urself less when u do.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6

rough cut the mesh and then cover the ends of the mesh with some maskign tape. you scratch less and cut urself less when u do.
    Did i Ever Tell U,, that U ARE THE GOD.

or may be i just need to stop drinking alot... so i can think straight..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6

Did i Ever Tell U,, that U ARE THE GOD.

or may be i just need to stop drinking alot... so i can think straight..
    HELL NO Life only gets better with every beer.

BTW Thanks a lot pinoyesv6

Galant64
    Its in the aile where theres chicken wire but make sure you dont get the skinny type.