The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: noisy brakes while not braking

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    punchdrunk

noisy brakes while not braking

This can't be good...I know that when brake pads are worn they will make a squeling noise while not even braking due to the metal piece on the pad that makes the chirp noise. However, I just replaced my pads no longer then 4 months ago and I'm getting the chirps already. Could this be cause by something else that I have failed to recognize? Seriously this noise is getting embarising.. My car looks good its clean and its brakes squel like hell even when I'm not braking. This can't be a good thing.
    Any suggestions would help.. Oh yeah I've already tried brake cleaner, I've pulled the routers off cleaned them, installed new pads. This noise is just getting worse everyday.

J
    squeaks when you're just driving?

punchdrunk
    yeah when I'm driving. It's really bad when I first start out after I've drivin for 10 minutes or so it starts to go away...Seems like its fine in reverse but as soon as I put it in drive and get going it starts. It usually goes away after I brake really hard...have to get going like 60 the slam on the brakes, that typically fixes it for a few minutes but seems like as soon as I hit a decent bump in the road that temporary fixes is gone.

cdaw2001ES
    sounds like the classic warpage issue, Do you have factory rotors?
    If so, do yourself a favor and get a set of brembos

punchdrunk
    yeah just factory...I ordered the brembos on Friday kinda as a last result and I have my fingers crossed that this will solve that.