The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5 spd Manaul

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    vlovan

5 spd Manaul

Wuz up guyz Im thinking about doing a manual swap on my 99 GTZ can anybody give ideas on cost and parts that I need?

Good Luck With it,, there is only one person that has done it yet,, and his name is Shane,, better hit the junk yard or anywhere u can get your hand on 3G Trany...

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~hillbj/Shane%20Tranny/

there are his pics... hopefully that helps ya out somehwat!
    Diego

here is Shane's Info,,

TGC ID: HeadAche

AIM ID: UAINTGOTNONE

PM him i am pretty sure he will get back at you,,

sorry Shane,, if i gave out your info,, i know u want help everone hope u dont get Mad at me,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>here is Shane's Info,,

sorry Shane,, if i gave out your info,, i know u want help everone hope u dont get Mad at me,, Â*</div>
    he gone wanna know where ya live so he can come kill ya!!! dont sleep at night
    Diego

ewgiii
    impressive... i bet that cost an arm and a leg!

balln8g

Re: 5 spd Manaul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vlovan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wuz up guyz Im thinking about doing a manual swap on my 99 GTZ can anybody give ideas on cost and parts that I need?</div>

The V6 swap is a little bit trickier than the I4 swap. Same concept though..... Your gonna need a tranny from a 2000 GT Eclipse V6, ECU, all the linkage for the tranny, Clutch, and modify the tranny mounts, plus a few more details........

Last call I made to the dealer about a year ago,,,I was quoted at $3,500 for a brand new tranny,ECU, and other parts required. The junk yard is probably gonna be you best bet, only thing is you won't have a warranty on the tranny.

Faction
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>here is Shane's Info,,

sorry Shane,, if i gave out your info,, i know u want help everone hope u dont get Mad at me,, Â*</div>

MOFO, thats personal TGC FL member info! :laughing:

Potr
    shane will not disclose the amount he paid for it... i asked him... i also am getting this done and again im getting hooked up so ball park for it would be 3 grand used your looking at 5 g's new.... you need 3g tranny, wire harness, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, shift assembly, shift cable, ecu, and tranny mounts... plus a few fabricated parts....

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Faction_03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>here is Shane's Info,,

AIM ID: UAINTGOT2know

MOFO, thats personal TGC FL member info! :laughing:</div>

Sure is personal info, trying to keep the swap exclusive to my FLorida Boyz..lol..j/k everyone.. But if you have questions about it PM me and i will answer your questions...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.