The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Replacement carpets????

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    nystreetracing

Replacement carpets????

Does anyone know if there is any company making replacement carpets? I cant find any anywhere, and I am trying to redo my interior in a charcoal color. Thanks for anyones help!

balln8g
    As of now, there are no aftermarket replacement carpets available for our rides. I turned this country upside down looking replacement carpets for a few months, I ended up doing it myself in black. The dealer's cost was out of this world..........

Jeff
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(balln8g)</div><div class='quotemain'>As of now, there are no aftermarket replacement carpets available for our rides. Â*I turned this country upside down looking replacement carpets for a few months, I ended up doing it myself in black. Â*The dealer's cost was out of this world..........</div>

what kinda carpeting did you use?

nystreetracing
    Yea, what kind of carpet did you use and how did you mold it? Thanks!

balln8g
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nystreetracing)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yea, what kind of carpet did you use and how did you mold it? Â*Thanks!</div>

I went out to my local upholstery (spelling??) store and purchased some universal replacement carpet for cars and trucks. I put the replacement carpet over the stock carpet and just held it down with some 3m industrial strength adhesive. You gotta be sure to get all the creases out of the carpet in the corners and that's about it......really easy to do.

The hardest part of the whole job is taking your seats out and putting em back in without fucking up your interior trim pieces with scratches.

Tiptronic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(balln8g)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nystreetracing)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yea, what kind of carpet did you use and how did you mold it? Â*Thanks!</div>

I went out to my local upholstery (spelling??) store and purchased some universal replacement carpet for cars and trucks. I put the replacement carpet over the stock carpet and just held it down with some 3m industrial strength adhesive. You gotta be sure to get all the creases out of the carpet in the corners and that's about it......really easy to do.

The hardest part of the whole job is taking your seats out and putting em back in without fucking up your interior trim pieces with scratches.</div>

how much carpet did it take, and how much did it cost. also, what specifically was the adhesive you used. i want to do mine in black as well, and this may be my project for the summer

Jeff
    same here...i plan on picking up black carpet and some vinyl and redo my interior. that should keep me outta trouble for a while. so the more info, the better.

I was told by JC Whitney that they could custome order you replacement carpet through ACC. It is a little more but you can get replacement carpet. I haven't done it yet so I couldn't be 100% sure you can but this is what they told me.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Jeff
    damn Jas, you're on top of everything aren't you?

lee_sosa

custom carpet

I called ACC about 2 months ago and they told me that I couldn't get carpet for my 8g. But they might have it now. If they can get it, let me know.

Re: custom carpet

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lee_sosa)</div><div class='quotemain'>I called ACC about 2 months ago and they told me that I couldn't get carpet for my 8g. Â*But they might have it now. Â*If they can get it, let me know.</div>

I called ACC also and they told me the same thing but when I contact JC Whitney they said they could but will cost a little more because it was going to be a special order. ACC wasn't even willing to do a GB or anything. Like I said this is what they told me. Give me a second and hopefully I still have the email.

Re: custom carpet

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lee_sosa)</div><div class='quotemain'>I called ACC about 2 months ago and they told me that I couldn't get carpet for my 8g. Â*But they might have it now. Â*If they can get it, let me know.</div>

I called ACC also and they told me the same thing but when I contact JC Whitney they said they could but will cost a little more because it was going to be a special order. ACC wasn't even willing to do a GB or anything. Like I said this is what they told me. Give me a second and hopefully I still have the email.</div>

I don't have the email. It must have been before I had the Trojan in my computer and I had to reboot the whole thing. I would contact JC Whitney and ask them if they can still do it.

balln8g
    Yeah..I called JC Witney about 6 months ago and they told me the same thing, that I could get it special ordered, but it was some cheap ass carpet like the cardboard OEM shit we got in our rides now, and it was gonna cost $295.00............screw that!

I paid $40 for the carpet (6'x9') and about $15.00 worth of 3M Industrial Strength Adhesive spray. It took me about 2 hours to do. I don't know what other info you would need to complete this, it really really easy.......

nystreetracing
    Ballin, do you have any pics of how it came out? And if not can you please take some? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by balln8g
    Yeah..I called JC Witney about 6 months ago and they told me the same thing, that I could get it special ordered, but it was some cheap ass carpet like the cardboard OEM shit we got in our rides now, and it was gonna cost $295.00............screw that!

I paid $40 for the carpet (6'x9') and about $15.00 worth of 3M Industrial Strength Adhesive spray. It took me about 2 hours to do. I don't know what other info you would need to complete this, it really really easy.......
    Glad I didn't order it then. I just might do this myself tommorow then. I am with everyone can I see some pictures and any other words of advice. I am in the mood for some change.

Thanks

Black Magic
    here are a couple of pics of balln8g's interior

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13921

nystreetracing
    Wow, the interior in that car looks great. Unfortunetly I cant really see the carpet. I would really like to see how the creases and molds are. Did it contour directly to the OEM mold? How strong is this adhesive? Any spots not hold, or trouble areas? Thanks!

Tiptronic
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet
    I was told by JC Whitney that they could custome order you replacement carpet through ACC. It is a little more but you can get replacement carpet. I haven't done it yet so I couldn't be 100% sure you can but this is what they told me.
    its funny that you say that, cause i just bougt the jhuly issue of super street, and on page 149 i saw an ad for ACC

www.accmats.com