The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Projectors

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Projectors

Does anyone know if we could mold projector headlights from a different car to fit ours? I've spent a lot of time looking at Astig's tutorial but our headlights have that textured plastic and would look like shit. We either need to get clear plastic for them or get something else to fit.

I have no clue on who to contact about fabricating the plastic so I think another fitment would work best.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

i dunno i was trying to think of the same thing but even just the clear plastic would be good to put on our headlights cause i hate our texture

well plastic forming isnt expensive, shit if i make a set i'll sell it for 600 tho

gee...thanks denver!

I was thinking about this over my lunch hour and what if I took a heavy grade acrylic and heated it to the shape of our headlights. I think the flange would be tough to do, but who knows. I might just have to make a trip to the hardware store this week.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

it'll be a hard process, but i'm sure the results will be great, good luck

hey if you get this idea to work post a tutorial and prices for this stuff i atleast want to have clear plastic i dont really care about projectors

More thoughts:
    Would they have as good of a shine pattern without the factory glass? Would the bulbs produce enough heat to melt the acrylic?

If anyone can help on these, I can get started a lot sooner.

projectors

someone mentioned that a s15 would fit dont know if thats true just an idea

GalantSpeed
    i highly doubt the s-15 heads would fit, that would be some serious molding, the head lights are longer if i am not mistaken. and they are pointed at the end. i thought about it too doing that conversion but all the shops around me wanted like $1000 for labor and parts. plus the 5-700 for the lights....

GalantSpeed
    I email'd a few company's to see if they would consider manufacturing some projectors for our 7g's. hopefully i will hear something back. this is what i said
    "To whom it may concern,
    I am a member of a worldwide car club know as www.TheGalantcenter.com or also know as TGC. I have a question for you. Or if you could direct this email to the appropriate person I'd greatly appreciate it. I know that with in the club there are many of members who are wanting to purchase projector headlights, but unfortunately there is not a company that makes any for the Mitsubishi Galant. Most of the members who would like to have them made would be willing to do a "group buy" if we could find a company to manufacture these. Just wondering if there is anyway possible to get these made. I appreciate your time and hope to hear back from your company. Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Chris Jones
    www.thegalantcenter.com member"

thought it sounded good....

Experienced TGC Member
    I attempted to shape a new lense out of some thin plexiglass it just wasnt gonna work. To many curves and bends...maybe someone else would have better luck..
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

what about getting the projectors out of a S13 Silvia's? like those ones from Japan... i think they're pretty same position... anyone seen S13 in US?

o0 XeRO G 0o
    i'm gettin either r34 or 215 headlights.... i think the s15 would look better and be a lot less work than the r34s.... no matter the cost, i'll be getting a headlight swap

im willing to spend top dollar to make my car a show winner (especially since im in high school, no g/f, and parents pay insurance lol)