The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Grill Mystery

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    rascalrg

Grill Mystery

Hey all from a newbie... I just picked up a 2000 silver ES and of course finding TGC has now made me fixated on a whole range of mods -- thanks everyone!! I'm installing the altezza tails (controversy here about them; I think they rock), taking off the OEM spoiler (yes, OFF -- anyone want it?), I've replaced the wood-look interior trim with the CF OEM pieces (a little pricey but soooo much better), gonna clear the corners, get 17s and a drop etc. etc... OK here's the mystery:

Every pic I've seen here of the grill, regardless of the style or the mods, has the diamond emblem in the center. Mine has nothing. And it even looks from the pics here that the emblem is impressed/embossed to some extent (so I doubt whether mine is just "missing")... What do I have here? A non-OEM replacement grill??

Thanks all

i think you have an aftermarket grille that rezsembles the oem style. probably ur car was in an accident or something previously

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

akiraflux
    check your pms...i was gonna buy a silver wing tomorrow..

like Pinoy says.. u probably bought the car that had a lil wreck or something minor that chipped the grille and needed a new one... since ours all have diamonds from factory... oh and welcome to the FAMILY if u need anything just hit me up on a PM and ill be glad to help u out!
    Diego

Censee
    I WANT THE OEM SPOLIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rascalrg
    I don't know yet if you want the spoiler... the body shop told me today that while it is an OEM piece, it was not factory installed and whoever did it used windshield adhesive along with six bolts (talk about overkill...) -- so it's going to be a bitch to get it off and it may be compromised in some way. Stay tuned, I'll know by Thursday (3 July) if it's something I want to offer to the fine folks at TGC...

Thanks all for the thoughts on the grill mystery. I suspected it might have been replaced but I'm hoping whatever damage had ocurred to cause the switch was merely cosmetic... my mechanic looked at it yesterday (I am currently clueless about anything under the hood but I am learning -- this place has inspired me...) and said that everything looks sound...we'll see...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rascalrg)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know yet if you want the spoiler... the body shop told me today that while it is an OEM piece, it was not factory installed and whoever did it used windshield adhesive along with six bolts (talk about overkill...) -- so it's going to be a bitch to get it off and it may be compromised in some way. Stay tuned, I'll know by Thursday (3 July) if it's something I want to offer to the fine folks at TGC...

Thanks all for the thoughts on the grill mystery. I suspected it might have been replaced but I'm hoping whatever damage had ocurred to cause the switch was merely cosmetic... my mechanic looked at it yesterday (I am currently clueless about anything under the hood but I am learning -- this place has inspired me...) and said that everything looks sound...we'll see...</div>

u got ne pics of ur car? id like to see that grille since i havent heard of a grille like this...
    Diego

yeah...I'd like to see pics of your car too

where in NYC you located at

also click on TGCNY banner below and join the NY chapter
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

rascalrg
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJaYdEeOnE

manhattan east 30s here
    thanks for the invite!
    I'll have pics posted by the end of the week

Quote Originally Posted by rascalrg
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJaYdEeOnE

manhattan east 30s here
    thanks for the invite!
    I'll have pics posted by the end of the week
    no doubt
    glad to see another new yorker
    also keep an eye out in the east coast section for up coming meets and stuff
    I'm located in Staten Island
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

I remember a black grill that BGR gave the link to and it had no Mitsu symbol on the front. If I'm not mistaken, Anthony bought that very grill. I'm actually in the middle of re-painting my custom grill and I filled in the indent where the Mitsu symbol goes. I think I'm going to put the chrome MMC badge there instead.

If anyone has a Grill that is missing the Mitsu symbol, you can get the front chrome Mitsu symbol from a Lancer. Manus got one and it actually fit right over the existing red one.