The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: funny croaking sound

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Faction

funny croaking sound

ok when pressing the brakes and turning left, the front end suspension makes loud croaking noises like something gonna break off or the arms are gonna snap, any answers why?

Senior TGC Member
    I dunno you might be having the same problem as Kevin to which no one on here has any answers to so far. I think it may be related to your issue with the front end popping. On Kevin's car we think the culprit is the spring seats both upper and lower causing the noises. We'll change 'em out, the popping and clunking goes away for a few miles, and returns not long after. See my post "For those with H&R and KYB AGX" for his symptoms and see if you're close.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Titanium2K2
    could it be your cv joints?

Faction
    definitely not CV joints, that noise was enough to make me say what the hell was that, only a 2001 model and i only heard this noise once, we drive the galant hard and enjoy the handling. i turn hard and theres no noise, so far i only heard this once, and another problem, theres water dripping in the front passenger feet area, what can i do for that problem?

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Faction_03)</div><div class='quotemain'>definitely not CV joints, that noise was enough to make me say what the hell was that, only a 2001 model and i only heard this noise once, we drive the galant hard and enjoy the handling. i turn hard and theres no noise, so far i only heard this once, and another problem, theres water dripping in the front passenger feet area, what can i do for that problem?</div>

I believe this is a common problem the 3G guys along with us Galant peeps that Manybrews has addressed numerous times. Something with a closed A/C condensor or evaporator thingy...thankfully my car never had it.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Airbus A320
    The dealer told me today that the water dripping is from the AC drain plugs i think. Manybrews told me the same thing. The dealer said it only cost about $40 to fix.

Faction
    the service checklight has been on for days now