The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HOOD PINS!!!-those with them, please read!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23
    Tiptronic

HOOD PINS!!!-those with them, please read!!

HBO!!

okay i got my hood pins, and i'm ready to put them in. the ppl with them, i have seen them with the hood closed, but what i would like to know is can you show me some pics with the hood open so i can see exactly where the bolts are. trying to spot the best place. the only place i know so far is where chrome has his. and also, was there anything special you needed (brackets, etc..) i want to do this right the first time. yeah i know, i should take it to a shop, but they all want to charge me like $50-$75

thanks!!

mods please leave this here until friday. i want to give everyone that is using hood pins the chance to see it, and reply

Censee
    heres a pic of them ,,,they are right over the headlight...u need to cut part of it off if u want them there...if u need any help ill be happy to help.....oh did u notice thegalant center sticker in the back : http://community.webshots.com/sym/image6/9...36ANowjr_ph.jpg

Dilemma
    Anthony i just got mine put in. Word of advice. They are gonna be a bitch to put in. in my case, there was a lot of holes that had to be cut to secure the hood. I'll post pics later on today. If your gonna spend 50 your gettin ripped. Just becareful drilling. I thought it cracked a few times but thank god ti didnt. There is nothing special i had to put in for my pins. The kit came fully equipped with all the proper mounting.

censee thats the 1st time ive seen ur motor!!!! im gonna put my hood pins on there... i was thinkin of puttin em on my grille..stock! but thats just too soft and would break.... peace
    Diego

Tiptronic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dilemma)</div><div class='quotemain'>Anthony i just got mine put in. Word of advice. They are gonna be a bitch to put in. in my case, there was a lot of holes that had to be cut to secure the hood. I'll post pics later on today. If your gonna spend 50 your gettin ripped. Just becareful drilling. I thought it cracked a few times but thank god ti didnt. There is nothing special i had to put in for my pins. The kit came fully equipped with all the proper mounting.</div>

okay, thanks. yeah i hear you about the money, thats why i want to do it myself, just got to get it right the first time

TWISTED II
    i had the body shop do mine....but, since they are all morons, they put the driver side one, in the middle of where the hood-prop rod mounts. what pisses me off, is that it was on there when i dropped off the car, so they had to take it off, and then put the hood pin there. so dumb.

I had a place put mine in, they put them where the rubber things went, forget what they are called. I'll post pics tomm.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

Dilemma
    here ya go with the results. These are Sparco hood pins which i got from Drivers Image

This is a good tutorial on how to install them. I handed this to my bodyshop and they came out fine.

http://www.venommotorsports.com/library/hoodpins.asp

-Mohammad

Tiptronic
    thanks guys

If your not careful while drilling you could crack the resin, so $50 imo is worth the install. Just make sure they know what they r doin. I think I pd $60 for pins and install.

Dilemma
    yeah i feel where your comin from. just be careful in either situation anthony...GL!

i also got Sparco hood pins for my hood..Looking for a shop to install them.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Tiptronic
    i said fuck it. i'm going to have the local car boutique install them. only $70 bucks. would hate to fuck it up myself. at least with them, i can make them pay for it

Mgalant99

Not the best picture.

Tiptronic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mgalant99)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Not the best picture.</div>

is that the spots where those two little black rubber pieces used to sit

My wife took my car for a spin so I cant get pics right now.

But if you have a CF hood, it is marked on the CF hood where the hood pins should go.

And I cant believe some of these prices your shops are charging you to put the pins in. I paid 35.00, shouldnt be more than a half hour worth of labor. Be sure to shop around because putting in pins is straight forward.

Perhaps if we have someone measure where they have theirs in, it could help others that are putting in theirs.
    Love,
    Matt

Finally got around to taking pix

Here's mine...pushed back a little..

:shock:
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Tiptronic
    hood pins go on wedsnday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast