The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trimming my humble lil' white 95 w/ blue...

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Trimming my humble lil' white 95 w/ blue...

Note: This isn't actually my car, I'm just using it as reference

Minus the tint and the rims, what you see above is what I'm currently rolling in...A humble lil' 95 S with absolutely nothing done to it whatsoever. I don't have the cash to add something as expensive as rims or a body kit yet, but I still want to do something special to my car in the mean time. I was thinking about trimming the car w/ blue all over, but I'd like you guy's input before I do something I might regret.
    To get the whole white/blue combo, I'd like to:

- Get blue tinted windows w/ a solid blue brow

- Paint the side molding and the black molding on top white to match the car (that's always bugged me :x ).

-Paint the black molding around the windows and the side-view mirrors blue (still not to sure about this one).

-Paint the top part of the door handles blue

- Paint the spoiler blue (don't think I'll go this far, but it was suggested by a friend).

- Blue windsheild wipers /emblems

- Blue pinstripe

I think that's about it...As you can tell, I'm trying to get my Galant to stand out and be somewhat original. I'd love to hear you guys' opinions on this (not matter how harsh ).

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    uhhhh that would look 100% rice! i seriously doubt that would look good, especially the blue spoiler. i saw a white 2g eclipse w/ blue body kit and moldings and i laughed
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    i agree with seth..that would look really ricey....IMO try to keep the car nice and clean....if your broke you can clear your corners and rear sidemarkers...with some regular tints...and you should be straight
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

Hmmm...I take it ricey is a bad thing.

Well, if not that, I think going all white (rims and all) would be nice. Boring, but nice.

Livn2sk8
    "Individualism"

Something that I'm very strict on. I'm very set on my ways with this word, and it's meaning. So if you want to do this, then by all means do it. Do what you are proud of, Do what YOU like, but do not follow trends, do not follow in the path of something, just to be cool or accepted. By doing so, you will only make yourself unhappy with the outcome of your car. Do what you like to it, by trial & error, you will determine whether or not you like it. Get someone to sit down and photoshop what you are thinking of, and then if you like it, do it...if not, change it. Rough drafts are always a good thing, especially when doing something as drastic as painting your car.

Good luck, and hope to see pics of .... whatever you do!

BEAST
    Painting the spoiler blue would be the biggest mistake of your life. That would look terrible. The rest of the stuff like painting everything white isn't a bad idea. The blue emblems would be neat looking too. Having everything white is boring yes, but it will look hella clean.

Damn...nice post Livn2sk8! I really appreciate hearing that.

Anyway, like I said, I don't think I'd paint the spoiler blue. When I told one my friends about what I wanted to do too it, he suggested that so I figured I'd throw it in to see what others thought.

VypA
    i photoshopped this just so u could get an idea of what it would look like.... not to my liking but like livn2sk8 said, do ur own thing

heres the link

http://www.angelfire.com/ill/vypazgalant/m...galant_idea.jpg

the blue tint could look nice if done right in my opinion

Thanks for the pic, VypA! I was thinking more of a lighter blue for the paint, though.

jeagles51

PIC of white galant

Heres a pic of my white 98 es with white rims to get an idea!!
    with corners cleared and sides cleared courtesy of TGC (thanks again)
    Not done yet but getting there...another thing how would the vents and other stuff look white for a secondary interior color.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jeagles5/MY%...Galant%207G.htm

Livn2sk8
    Hey "Jeagles", not to be a copy cat or anything, but what color did you use to paint your interior? brand? ya know? looks good, how happy are you with it? any chips? flaking? is the sun messin it up?

How long did it take you?

jeagles51
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Livn2sk8)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey "Jeagles", not to be a copy cat or anything, but what color did you use to paint your interior? brand? ya know? looks good, how happy are you with it? any chips? flaking? is the sun messin it up?

How long did it take you?</div>

Rustoleum, Primer then Mettalic thin coats, no chips, no flakes, and the sun is not messin it up
    about 2 days

Ok, I've calmed down a little with the blue and came up with this:

-Paint side/top moldings white

-Blue tint

-Solid white rims with the brake caliburs (I think that's what they're called :oops: ) painted blue.

-Blue windshield banner, possibily with white "Zen" letters

-Blue windshield wipers to accent the tint/banner.

-Blue front/rear mitsubishi emblems.

I still can't decide it I want to paint the side mirrors blue or white. Anyway, what do you guys think about that? Bet you would have never known I'm a newbie at customizing cars...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    that doesnt sound bad, id paint the mirrors white, i think that would look cool
    7g for life!

VypA
    i think the blue tint, calipers and emblems would look HOT on an all white car... maybe the white rims with the blue center caps? i dunno just throwin another idea in there

White rims w/ blue center caps...I like, I like.

Also, I think I'm going to go with painting the side mirrors white. Finally, it's all coming together...