The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wanna see pictures of my ride?

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Wanna see pictures of my ride?

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in some pictures of my '88 Galant. It's got quite a few modifications to it, and more mods are constantly being added.

If you want to see it, reply to this post, and I'll try to get my hands on a decent digital camera and upload some shots.

Jan Kenneth
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

ramell86
    yeah, lets see it

snerik
    U know what u have to do now pro_sniper!
    I'd love to see another norwegian galant! I need some inspiration!

I read that u had the clear corners. May I ask where u got them? I want some too! :twisted:

I've got some old pictures of my ride here: http://home.no.net/snerik/car.htm
    Since these pictures was taken, I have:
    -lowered the car 40mm
    -darkened the taillights, sidemarkers, and the cornermarkers in the front
    -exchanged the 205/55 tires with 225/50
    -removed the ugly tow bar in the back
    -removed the decals on the trunk

-Sven Erik
    Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi DOHC '91

Rasko Da Gama
    Quote Originally Posted by snerik
    U know what u have to do now pro_sniper!
    I'd love to see another norwegian galant! I need some inspiration!

I read that u had the clear corners. May I ask where u got them? I want some too! :twisted:

I've got some old pictures of my ride here: http://home.no.net/snerik/car.htm
    Since these pictures was taken, I have:
    -lowered the car 40mm
    -darkened the taillights, sidemarkers, and the cornermarkers in the front
    -exchanged the 205/55 tires with 225/50
    -removed the ugly tow bar in the back
    -removed the decals on the trunk

-Sven Erik
    Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi DOHC '91
    Sven: The engine you have on that pictures is not DOHC... It's SOHC - at least on the pictures on the link you posted. But it's a very clean ride - keep up the good work! Did you make an engine swap to DOHC since then?

This is a picture from your website... I must say that I don't know if I've ebre seen so nice and clean SOHC engine... Congrats!

About the clear corners... Check this forum often: www.galantvr4.org Go to the "For Sale" forum and check it every day... You must contact the one who is selling them as soon as you see the post! You must be the first one, becouse there is awsome demand for clearz there... I was looking for them almost one year, but on that forum I got lucky and they were like $70 USD - not much... It costed me $110 USD shipped here to Slovenia...

This is how they look on my car

Pro_sniper... Ofcourse you should show us your car!!! This is why we come here, we show eachother our cars and we talk about them!

definatly would like to see it. i dont own a 6g, but i would still love to see what you have done to your ride.

snerik
    Rasko: U gotta be kidding me? :shock:
    I've had this car for about 3 years now, and always thougt it was a DOHC! Thanks for letting me know! About time I guess!
    So, no.. I haven't done a engine swap!

And you think the engine is clean? Thanks a lot! U might call me wash'a'holic!

Thanks for the advice about the clear corners. I've also found a web-shop in Denmark who trades them (http://www.nvautodele.dk/ - in danish of course). I'm in contact with them, but they aren't exactly thrilled about the thought of export. I hope I can do something about that!

However, now I really wanna see some pics of Pro_snipers car!

-Sven Erik
    Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi SOHC '91 :cry:

ConceptSleeper
    lets see snipe [email protected]

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(snerik)</div><div class='quotemain'>Rasko: U gotta be kidding me? Â*:shock: Â*
    I've had this car for about 3 years now, and always thougt it was a DOHC! Thanks for letting me know! About time I guess! Â*:D Â*
    So, no.. I haven't done a engine swap! Â*
    </div>

Look buddy, you have 109 horsepower, right? So SOHC means that in your engine is Single OverHead Cam, DOHC means Dual OverHead Cam.
    SOHC engines are 8 Valve only (one valve in and one valve out) while DOHC engines are 16Valve (two valves in and two valves out per cilynder).
    DOHC engine heads are bigger, eventhoug the block is the same. You could swap just the HEAD, timing belt, ECU and some little things - and you could have a DOHC

DOHC engine looks like this:

ConceptSleeper
    ^^^mmmmmm.....turbo....

Galant GK1
    My 93 is a 16 valve sohc. O yeah remember how i wrecked my car? well it should be done in a week! It wil be lookin brand new. I went ahead and had the whole car repainted. Along with all the small dents and dings removed. The guy doing it wont put my springs on for me tho. So it will be riding stock height till i find somone to do that for me. And im not gonna put my new wheels on till that gets done. I f ya wanna take a look at my wheels here they r - http://www.speedstash.com/nippon.html they r the nippon
    gt genesis (balck with silver lip)

Rasko Da Gama
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant GK1
    My 93 is a 16 valve sohc. O yeah remember how i wrecked my car? well it should be done in a week! It wil be lookin brand new. I went ahead and had the whole car repainted. Along with all the small dents and dings removed. The guy doing it wont put my springs on for me tho. So it will be riding stock height till i find somone to do that for me. And im not gonna put my new wheels on till that gets done. I f ya wanna take a look at my wheels here they r - http://www.speedstash.com/nippon.html they r the nippon
    gt genesis (balck with silver lip)
    How can be SOHC 16 Valve :shock: :shock: :shock: ?????

Show us your engine bay, let us see...

Galant GK1
    How can be SOHC 16 Valve ?????

1993: The 1993 Galant gives some notable changes for its fourth year in its present form. The slow-selling VR-4 is discontinued. Last year's sporty GS and GSR have been combined for 1993 into a single LS model. Last year's midlevel LS has been renamed the ES, but provides roughly the same equipment. The base Galant now is designated as the S model. All receive a revised version of the 2.0-liter sohc 4-cylinder. The new unit is fitted with internal balance shafts and is now a 16-valve unit with power increasing from 102 to 121 horsepower.

-from consumer guide[/quote]

Galant GK1
    I would have shown you a pic but like i said my car is still in the garage and i couldnt find a pic online anywhere but hopefully that should be enough.

Rasko Da Gama
    Thanx buddy, I really didn't knew that. Anyway, if you find any picture sometime, post it.

Galant GK1
    i'll try and get u one as soon as i get my car back