The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM VR labels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>So what If I threw GTZ badges on my car?? lol... same manufacturer...

<oh, by the way....I would NEVER do that></div>

Heh, how about a JDM Galant VR-4 with a GTZ badge above the VR-4 badge?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>how about a JDM Galant VR-4 with a GTZ badge above the VR-4 badge?</div>

Now THAT is original..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

[FIN]Teme
    kinda rice to change labels... i don't get the point in doing that...
    Are you ashamed of somehow that u have "only" es v6 ?

well, this is pretty funny post here.

After thinking it over:
    Yes, putting a VR4 badge on the car that is not equpied with AWD and intercooled turbo is somethin that i consider rice.
    Even if it is a mitsu .
    Imagine a guy with impreza wrx putting a sti badge on it. He doesn't have an STI. Or U.S. lancers putting a evo badge - that is an insult.
    But then again - definition of a ricer ("Rye'sir) is a person who puts stickers or the badge /embelem on the car due to the fact the driver of the rice machine (i like to call it a rice rocket) believes each sticker or emblem adds 5 horsepower to the car.
    Ricers also put embelems on the car to fool other people around that they car is a differnt trim than they actually own.

Here is a good Quate taking from urban dictionary:

"Aint dis ride sweet DAAAAWWWWG!" "Yeah. What'd ya do to the engine though?" "Whatcha talking bout foo'!? You dun mess wit da engine! That dun make it fasta!"

Now, what if somebody made an excat copy of the car like Matt did:
    The looks of his car defeniately resamble a moded Galant VR4.
    Though, he owns a supercharged V6 - he put a VR4 badge on his car.
    Yes, it looks sweet - people who know anything about galants are like - wow , i just saw a VR4 today.

Now - is that heavy modified galant es v6, that was custom modified with this Vr4 badge consider a rice rocket ?
    I defeniately don't consider Matt a ricer - full respect MAtt, though changing a labels on the car that is not equipped with all wheel drive is kinda rice in the way, but then he did it just to be different and show the other side of the galant.
    I say - if his car is heavily modified under the hood and looks like the trim he is trying to represent then it is ok to put badge like that I think.
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

I agree with all that you posted, except the STi part. People forget that STi isn't just a model, it also makes parts. So a STi badge can equal a Type R badge, but it can also equal a Mugen badge. If you have STi parts on your car, I don't see that as rice.

Also, remember that just cause people call you rice doesn't mean you care. I don't.

Another not, I think the term rice has been way overused, especially by people who know nothing at all about what rice is. I hear highschoolers call any type of modification "riced out" regardless of whether it is rice or not.

-Mohammad

so what does the STI has in common with WRX?
    The answer is - the body and that to the certain point too.
    So if one make his wrx to look like STI but it actually isn't - is he consider a ricer?

It is just like discassing here about v6 gtz having a vr4 badge on it.
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

I don't get your question. STi makes a ton of different parts, just like Mugen or Nismo or Ralliart. It's not just a model of a car.

Someone can make their car look like a STi, and it's not, I think that is kinda rice. One can also equip their cars with parts made by STi and put on a STi badge, that is not rice. Just like not having any Blitz parts on your car and having a Blitz badge, that is kinda rice. But if you have the parts, then do the badge.

It's not the same as slapping a VR-4 badge on a car, because VR-4 is only a model designation, not a company.

As far as the STi goes, the STi is about as close to a regular WRX as a M3 is to a 330 coupe. Now notice that if you get a sport package on your 330, there are M badges on the wheels and steering wheel. Rice? No, because those parts are made by M Motorsports, which is not only a model designation, but a company/brand. Same thing with the STi. You can buy many parts from STi for your WRX. In fact, even the Impreza STi doesn't have all the STi brand parts on it. So some STi parts you get are actually better than the parts on the Impreza STi.

-Mohammad

Dre
    Curious. I noticed that emblems were mentioned previously. Not that it matters, but would anyone consider replacing the V6 emblem on the side of an ES-V6 with the sleek-looking silver mitsu emblems "Rice?" That IMO is not an attempt to deceive anyone. Also what about shaving the emblems? And replacing the red diamond star on the trunk with a silver one?

Man, we are getting deep into "riceology." Your car is a Mitsu, your putting on Mitsu badges. That isn't deceptive or trying to make it look like something it's not, or claiming you have parts you don't have. Sounds ok. I feel silly writing in this thread.

You hit the nail on the head with "Not that it matters."
    -Mohammad

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    I have VR4 emblems am I a riceboy?
    Not a rice boy but suffering from some rice disease heh.

Quote Originally Posted by mochanges
    Your car is a Mitsu, your putting on Mitsu badges. That isn't deceptive or trying to make it look like something it's not, or claiming you have parts you don't have.
    I disagree. You are saying that if I take a base model Mirage and slap on a VR4 emblem it's not trying to make it look like something it's not?? Slap a VR4 on a US Galant and you are now claiming parts you don't have.. TT being top on the list heh.

Ultimately Lilginny, do what you want to your car. You paid for it. However be prepared to get some grief, especially if you goto car shows. I don't care if you built your motor up so it's a 9 second Galant, misbadging your car is a ricey thing to do unless it has 100% of the model differences inherent in the new badge model. Not only that, but it takes away from your respect in more ways than one. Obviously misbadging loses you respect with car-types who know better just for it being there, but also if you dust some car considered fast the people will see your tail as you pull ahead and be like "oh, it's a vr4.. no suprise it's fast stock" whereas if you didn't screw the badging up they'd see you made it fast through your hard work. Plus why should you be ashamed of your car? I guess it's the youthful mentality. I had sticked up my cars when I was a kid (never misbadged tho).

Just my .02, take it as you will.

-Ballernation-
    You got that right! This topic getting alittle overused (or should I say Deep?). Although, placing a vr-4 badge to claim it has AWD drivetrain and sporting a twin turbo v6 when it most likely its a es v6 kinda of scares me a little. I didn't join this club to be another rice rocket in town, I wanted to be a Galant enthusiast, so if you want that VR-4 badge so badly, go find a 1992 Galant VR-4 on e-bay or go directly import those bad mutha-strutas oversees. Then you can actually claim you own a VR-4. There I said it!. End of story...

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with this one. Badging your car with a VR-4 badge on an ES-V6 is just wrong. If you ever show your car, you'll not only lose points, but you'll notice people laughing and snickering a lot. Just remember how much grief we gave Sobe when he put a GTZ badge on his LS.

Now I'll make a special exception for Matt, because at least he has a VR-4 kit and an SDS to back it up. But technically the VR-4 is a car model not an equipment manufacturer like everyone said. So unless you have the twin turbo AWD car, keep the badges where they belong.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

good discussion. heres my 2pennies

I think the badges the cars come with should stay there for a reason.

1) its what the company decided to call them, and should stay that way
    2) take a little pride in your own model (ES, GTZ, etc) and try to be the best of your group
    3) people would be confused and think that JDM cars are on sale here
    4) to me, i think it is a little bit ricey. if you really want a GTZ, buy one. =/ its almost like fraud. pretending to be something ur not
    5) VR-4s kick ass. ok this isnt a reason. i just wanted 5.

haha, I love the civic Type R's that are non-hatchback. it's funny because you know he just slapped that emblem on it. Plus the civic Type Rs are only in japan unless you had it imported, plus they only have one windshield wiper on the front.

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

Quote Originally Posted by ryans99es2.4
    haha, I love the civic Type R's that are non-hatchback. it's funny because you know he just slapped that emblem on it. Plus the civic Type Rs are only in japan unless you had it imported, plus they only have one windshield wiper on the front.
    They have em in Canada too..

Lilginny
    Quote Originally Posted by Strahan
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    I have VR4 emblems am I a riceboy?

Quote Originally Posted by mochanges
    Your car is a Mitsu, your putting on Mitsu badges. That isn't deceptive or trying to make it look like something it's not, or claiming you have parts you don't have.
    I disagree. You are saying that if I take a base model Mirage and slap on a VR4 emblem it's not trying to make it look like something it's not?? Slap a VR4 on a US Galant and you are now claiming parts you don't have.. TT being top on the list heh.

Ultimately Lilginny, do what you want to your car. You paid for it. However be prepared to get some grief, especially if you goto car shows. I don't care if you built your motor up so it's a 9 second Galant, misbadging your car is a ricey thing to do unless it has 100% of the model differences inherent in the new badge model. Not only that, but it takes away from your respect in more ways than one. Obviously misbadging loses you respect with car-types who know better just for it being there, but also if you dust some car considered fast the people will see your tail as you pull ahead and be like "oh, it's a vr4.. no suprise it's fast stock" whereas if you didn't screw the badging up they'd see you made it fast through your hard work. Plus why should you be ashamed of your car? I guess it's the youthful mentality. I had sticked up my cars when I was a kid (never misbadged tho).

Just my .02, take it as you will.

I don't want to deceive anyone, I just like the JDM badging, by the way, I didn't want the VR-4 emblem I wanted just the plain VR emblem, I looked at the specs for this and it is almost the same as the v6 es. By the way, it was just a thought, I will probably just shave the emblems and avoid any confusion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Strahan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have VR4 emblems am I a riceboy?</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mochanges)</div><div class='quotemain'>Your car is a Mitsu, your putting on Mitsu badges. That isn't deceptive or trying to make it look like something it's not, or claiming you have parts you don't have.</div>

Just my .02, take it as you will.</div>

I think you misunderstood. I completely agree with what you said. My comment above was directed at Dre who asked: "would anyone consider replacing the V6 emblem on the side of an ES-V6 with the sleek-looking silver mitsu emblems 'Rice?' " The VR-4 is rice for sure.

-Mohammad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12