The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help with HID!

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Exalenger

Help with HID!

Are HID legal? And what are their disadvantages? Can I use both Low Beam and Highbeam? Please help me, I don't want to invest 500-600 dollars and can't use them correctly. Thank Y'ALL! :?

escoson
    if u dont want to invest do this.

go find a 03 maxima
    break out front grill
    cut horn
    rip head lights out

and walla u have hids for nothing.

(i am not responsible if u do this, i dont steal nor am i stating that you should either, just stating how people break into the maximas so easily)

GaLanT
    HID's are pretty tricky. HID's themselves are legal. HID's that come on cars stock are legal.. but when you mount HID's on a NON-HID car, they become illegal, or so I've been told. I have been pulled over a few times for them. You could get a HI-Low beam kit, but i just have a low beam kit... i don't use my hi-beams anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have been pulled over a few times for them. </div>

what u get?!?! ticket warning or he just say they are bright....
    Diego

you get pulled over because your lights probably have insufficient shielding...which causes your beam to be scattered and may look like you got your high beams on. make sure when using aftermarket hid retrofits that the bulb has a shield on the bottom. also you might have to re-aim your headlights since the focal point of the retrofit hid may not match the oem h4 bulbs.

I've hid's on both my cars...and even 6000k color temp on my monty...never been pulled over.

also, like previously mentioned, ALL HID retrofits are illegal! only OEM HID is legal.

GREEN is the new BLACK

GaLanT
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have been pulled over a few times for them. </div>

what u get?!?! ticket warning or he just say they are bright....</div>

just a warning, because technically "it ain't my car "