The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Camber kit

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    the_russian

Camber kit

Hey guys...
    I just lowered my car about 3" and now i have a 2 degrees of negative camber...So i've been trying to find a camber kit for a good price but couldn't...Does anybody know where to find it.
    Thanks.

8ggalant
    who'd u buy yer lowering kit from...they should be able to sell u a camber kit

the_russian
    Ibought it off the e-bay...they're good coilovers but mess up the tires like crazy...

8ggalant
    did u check the for sale forums..also check tire rack or discount tire...they sell eibach camber correction kits...and like i said wherever someone sells springs or coilovers they usually sell camber kits

the_russian
    Aight thanx...I'll check it out

Hello,
    Overboost used to sell an ingall alignment kit,but not any more.
    I saved the page that had the kit on it,but it is gone.
    I dropped my car with the Eibach springs and Koni yellows,and had the same problem you had.
    It was imposseble to get a kit here in Europe,so i was not happy for a long time. :cry:
    Then i found somewhere on a Honda (sorry) forum how they solved the problem.
    They had put spacers between the body and the top wheel-arm,and used longer bolds.So that is what i did.I had longer bolds hand made,and used 10mm spacers. Then i had to line out the wheels again and the tyres ware out realy nice now.
    Material cost $25
    Line out check $45
    The only difficult thing is to find out how many mm the spacers must be.
    I starded with 15 mm,and ended with the 10mm.
    You have to try it on the car.
    I hope this will help you.
    Good luck.
    Mitsupiet.

Experienced TGC Member
    The washer trick works for the rear tires, infact a lot of the kits u see on ebay are just washers and longer bolts. The 4 bolts that hold the rear upper arm to the car u remove and stack washers behind the plate, screw in a longer bolt, pushes the top of ur tire back out and gives you less negative camber. I think I have 4 or 5 washers stacked under each bolt on each side, I still have some negative camber, but not as bad as it was.

Real cheap to do with homedepot parts =D

However on the front you cant do this, since its not bolted down like that, you have to buy ingals or there was another kit that insteda of replacing the pivots like ingals does, it replaces the upper ball joint...there is a post on it just search the archive.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

IllestGalant
    sprint makes a camber kit. i paid 160

Slammed
    I got a camber kit from www.tirerack.com front and rear 200.

SimoP
    Great thanks for everybody for this washer trick!

Experienced TGC Member
    How many washers did you use and what was your camber after?

I didnt use washers instead I used big thick nuts, they are the thickness of about 5 washers, and I have to get a front kit before i go back for an alignment, but I think my rear tires went from almost -3 to maybe -1 wich is acceptable.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

GalantSpeed
    got mine here, took 3 days for me to get it, easy as crap to install never had a problem with it....good people working there......http://www.mmrusa.com/spcmitsu.htm

Dark Anghell
    the front was a bitch for me. I had to make clearance for the arm inside the fenderwell. But after about 15min of hammering, the problem was solved.

I had a sprint camber kit on ine. The rear had extra washers, and a new bracket, that's about it. The front is a bit more complicated. I'd suggest removing your struts and everything to do this thing.

revised...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    In the rear you don't adjust camber anywhere near the drums or rotors. The rear camber is adjusted where the upper control arm assembly connects to the interior wheel well. You'll see it looks like a horse shoe shape and has two brackets at each end. Each bracket has two bolts. You replace the bolts with the new ones and place the washers in between the wheel well and the brackets. That will cause the top of the wheel to adjust outward. I'm not sure how many washers you will need or how you will measure your camber though.</div>

does anybody have a pic where your suppose to put the washers in???by any chance...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

okay i found the brackets, does anybody know the size of the bolts???

BlankMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>does anybody have a pic where your suppose to put the washers in???by any chance...</div>

Did you check out GalantSpeed's link? If you click through on the part numbers you get these:

Front:

Rear:

BTW - and just my opinion - but at $27.00 (front) and $66.00 or 93.00 (rear), you could probably afford to *not* ghetto it and get this set. If your just using bolts off the shelf, you may run in to strenght or rust issues...

J

the pic looks backwards... isnt the first pic the rear??? ohh ya where is the link i couldnt find it at galantspeed...thanks

BlankMan
    You are correct - I had the order reversed, fixed now.

The link was in his post above...

http://www.mmrusa.com/spcmitsu.htm

J