The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Gimmick on Ebay?!

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    Experienced TGC Member

New Gimmick on Ebay?!

Check this out fellaz, is this a scam or legit? Looks like a scam to me...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1855400336
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

well if u click the link now since the auction is over it says fishboy55 is the winner.........isnt he a member

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sarah)</div><div class='quotemain'>well if u click the link now since the auction is over it says fishboy55 is the winner.........isnt he a member</div>

dont forget also Fishboy bought and tested that "timing advance" mod thats on ebay and track tested it, it was proved NOT to work, so i'm sure this is the same. I don't see hwo it could benefit a already slow shifting automatic tranny.

Experienced TGC Member
    Ha Ha, ya he is one of our frriendly wrench-heads on TGC. Well now we can get a review of the "product" .... I guess that's a good thing
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

I love you guys! You know me soooo well. This may not be as much of a scam as the 20HP booster resistor. This is actually somewhat legit. What it does is opens up the pressure valve on the tranny allowing the fluid to have more pressure. It should make the shifts smoother and more productive. I actually called the seller before I bought it to discuss it with him. It's not something he makes in his basement. It's made by a legit company called ShiftMaster. And yes, Dave, I will be track testing this after I get back from vacation. I'll keep you posted as usual.

Your humble Scam Buster

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>I love you guys! Â* Â* Â*You know me soooo well. This may not be as much of a scam as the 20HP booster resistor. This is actually somewhat legit. What it does is opens up the pressure valve on the tranny allowing the fluid to have more pressure. It should make the shifts smoother and more productive. I actually called the seller before I bought it to discuss it with him. It's not something he makes in his basement. It's made by a legit company called ShiftMaster. And yes, Dave, I will be track testing this after I get back from vacation. I'll keep you posted as usual.

Your humble Scam Buster

Chip</div>

Well than Chip i will be waiting :thumbsup:

GalantLadie
    i guess if im ever gonna buy anything for my galant off of ebay i better check with fishboy first to make sure its not a scam :thumbsup: thanks for keeping us imformed fishboy!

It's my pleasure as a wrenchead and fellow Galant owner. And notice I don't even care about what forum the scam is in. I'm here for you LOL

Chip
    Chip

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Experienced TGC Member
    LOL.. Ya there is no General Posts forum for all generations anymore :cry:

The right people found it none the less...

Keep us posted Fishboy55, from what I was reading on Ebay... if it's all true... the kit sounds pretty sweet.

Wes
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

BlackBeauty
    sounds sweet!

good find fishboy

I got the kit in the mail and will try and install it after I get back from vacation. It needs to go to the Pressure Control Solenoid Valve. I checked my service manual and wiring diagrams, but can't find anything specifically called that. I sent an email to the manufacturer for clarification, but anyone that might know where this connection is located, please post it.

Chip
    Chip

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    I got the kit in the mail and will try and install it after I get back from vacation. It needs to go to the Pressure Control Solenoid Valve. I checked my service manual and wiring diagrams, but can't find anything specifically called that. I sent an email to the manufacturer for clarification, but anyone that might know where this connection is located, please post it.

Chip
    Could you take a pic of what that thing look like ?? and i want 1 too if those thing works, cause sometimes when my tranny change gear, it's somehow a little bit stuck and make it uncomfortable !! it happen mostly when i start steppin on my gas pedal real quick and the gear goes to lower gear.

Thanks Keep up posted
    Sex is when a guys information
    enters a girls communication
    to increase the population
    for a younger generation
    do you get the information...
    or do you need a demonstration ??