The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shaving the handles

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    justin_kimbrough

shaving the handles

Can anyone help me with shaving my handles? I need to know how the door poppers work, someone who does them all the time told me i didnt need any thing since my car has keyless entry. can anyone help me out???

akiraflux
    general consensus is that poppers suck teh nuts! not worth it unless it's a showcar.

I agree, but I do think that a shaved galant does look clean.

I personally havent done or know of anyone that has done it, but I have seen it in pictures.

Good luck if you move ahead with it.
    Love,
    Matt

i went into detail in a post before do a search and you'll find the info you need

btw, here is how it looks:

(front door is slightly open)
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

GalantLadie
    damn cali ur car is hot, i like the way shaved handles looks on a galant a while back i seen a diy kit on ebay not sure if it was for a specfic car or universial u might wanna do a search

GuyWitGalant
    stupid question??.......how do u open ur door? what are door poppers? how do they work?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GuyWitGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>stupid question??.......how do u open ur door? what are door poppers? how do they work?</div>

door poppers take the place of the door handle. you in most cases, push a button, either from a remove key fob or a push button mounted in the car. and the door opens for you, you then proceed to open the door further with your hadn and jump in or out.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

you could always go the cheaproute like I did and get an alarm that rolls your windor down and just reach in and do it. Good luck getting your car inspected in some states though
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Remedy
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Good luck getting your car inspected in some states though</div>

what do you mean?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djnympho)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Good luck getting your car inspected in some states though</div>

what do you mean?</div>

it's illegal.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

akiraflux
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djnympho)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Good luck getting your car inspected in some states though</div>

what do you mean?</div>

think of it from the standpoint of those who make the safety inspection guidelines.

NO way to open doors without your remote (yes yes...usually an emergency button somewhere on car...)

Remedy
    That sucks!!!! I had planned on doing this as soon as i got my car back but i didnt know it wasnt legal. This is my daily driver so sucks to be me. What if I just shave my rear?