The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How Do I Remove The Center A/C Vents?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Experienced TGC Member

How Do I Remove The Center A/C Vents?

I'am in the process of painting the whole interior black. I painted the all the vents except for the center ones. Now I was wondering if I need to remove the whole dash to get those vents out? Or can I just pop them out like the other ones? Their putting up a struggle and I didn't want to break them.

Thanks

BTW: I'll have pics soon. Im also painting the wood trim black,

8ggalant
    preppin for the show huh ed...haha..im tryin to get my cf interior done...cuz i got the black peices now...but money is the issue :cry:

if you remove the trim around the radio and look up, u can see how the trim is held in by some clips all around. i think i just pushed ont he tabs i saw and muscled the thing out

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

okay get a Flat screwdriver a little one..Then theirs 4 clips on the vents two on the top and two on the bottom..Get the screw the driver and poke it in the top right and flip the clip up a little dont push to hard and do the same with the other side and pull p and it will slide right out
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member
    Thanks a lot guys. I finished the center vent, and it looks great.

Though I did put 5 large cuts in the leather under the vents.

Now I need to figure out how to mask those.

My next step is to paint the wood trim, flat black as well.

BTW: Anyone know how to remove the center wooden trim, and the trim around the shift knob?

Once again thanks A HELL OF A LOT.

J
    the center trim around the radio,

just take your fingers and pull on the bottom lip where that accessory bin is. there are four clips. two up top on the sides, and two down there at the bottom. by pulling on the bottom it will free it up a bit, then just go around pulling on all the sides.

the piece around the shift knob is the same, but i used a screw driver and pryed at the edge. careful though, it'll come up but the piece is flimsy and don't want it to crack. it's held on at 4 points too, two up north, and two south, all of them on the outsides like west and east.

Experienced TGC Member
    Thanks J. I need to go pick up some primer and clear coat tomorrow.

Does anyone know how to take care of ripped leather trim? I made small tears in the dash with the screwdriver. I think their is a product availible that patches torn upholstery. Does anyone know the name of it?

Buy Krylon Fusin pain you dont neet to prime the plastic just use a couple of coats on the pieces.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter