The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: think i got jdm tails hook up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

think i got jdm tails hook up

ok i just went and bought all new universal sockets part #85802 double contact/ part #85804 single contact/ bulbs # 1157 amber/ #1003 & 2 packs of # 3496. these sockets fit perfect and the bulbs all fits. one prob. u have to solder on a ground wire to the new sockets but so far so good . this is a lot of stuff but the end result looks proffesional.
    SportBike Powder Coating
    "Not Just Bikes"

[email protected]
    Photos
    http://www.photobucket.com/sportbikepowdrcoating

Senior TGC Member
    Good deal guy! Wish I had waited for your research first...maybe then I wouldn't have to have ripped the lights apart.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    where did you get them also what brand???

okay i got some(sockets) from pep boys,some from auto zone & some from advance auto. but maybe yall will get lucky and find it all at one place. company is Motormite.
    SportBike Powder Coating
    "Not Just Bikes"

[email protected]
    Photos

electronic tech

Hey,
    If need be please ask me any questions about electronic, i think i can help all the club.

Are yuo going to use the double contact (#85802) as your turn signal? i thought you needed an 1156 bulb for the turn signal?

And why 2 different bulbs (#1003 and 2pks #1004) for the single contact (#85804)?

Motormite
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

Tiller

Re: think i got jdm tails hook up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99BabyBenz)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok i just went and bought all new universal sockets part #85802 double contact/ part #85804 single contact/ bulbs # 1157 amber/ #1003 & 2 packs of # 1004. these sockets fit perfect and the bulbs all fits. one prob. u have to solder on a ground wire to the new sockets but so far so good . this is a lot of stuff but the end result looks proffesional. </div>

so you didn't have to modify any of the holes in the tailight themselves...?

Senior TGC Member
    Here's what I tried based on this newfound information...went to the store and looked for the sockets and bulbs. Turns out my local Pep Boys carries both items, but they didn't have the inventory to fulfill the order. The 1157 bulbs fit the turn signals, as does the 85802 double contact, but I don't know if that's what our friend here did. Then I checked the 85804 single contact sockets and guessed that the 1004 bulbs fit in those and they did, but knowing me and my lack of electric knowledge I dunno if that's how it's supposed to work, but it fits in the taillight holes. Hopefully this is the setup that BabyBenz used, otherwise I was just messing around for nothing. Total of 3 packs of 1004 bulbs for brake 1, 2, and parking lights totaling 6, 1 pack of 1157 amber bulbs for turn signal for a total of 8 bulbs, 2 of the 85802 sockets and 6 of the 85804 sockets. Remember I just went in and tried possible combinations without knowing what works and what doesn't, but based on this BabyBenz is right, everything fits without modifications except to the wires. Anyone want to look this over?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

For the turn signal you should get an 1156 bulb and socket, 1157 will work but you don't need the dual filiment.

Senior TGC Member
    Yeah that's what I was told too, but the double contact socket (85802) says for use with 1157...think it's safe to plug a 1156 in there?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah that's what I was told too, but the double contact socket (85802) says for use with 1157...think it's safe to plug a 1156 in there?</div>

I think it should be ok because you'll only be using a single filament bulb therefore just using one of the contacts from the socket.

I installed my tailights today, it was really easy. I was thinking about using a sperwhite bulb for the turn signal but went with the amber. It looks so much better with the amber bulb. Too many people around here have the superwhite bulbs for the turn signal so I stayed away from that path.

For people getting the wiring done at their local body shops, how much are they charging you for doing the sockets and wires. Im just curious, because I know not everyone is doing the wiring themselves.

AND.......

Does anyone know if they have anymore 3rd Gen JDM tails available for sale. I cant believe I missed out on this group buy! DANJ come on bro you have to be able to get at least one pair more.
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah that's what I was told too, but the double contact socket (85802) says for use with 1157...think it's safe to plug a 1156 in there?</div>

I don't think an 1156 bulb would work in a dual filament socket since the contact on the bottom of the bulb might not line up properly with the contacts in the socket. You will need a socket that is meant for an 1156 bulb.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah that's what I was told too, but the double contact socket (85802) says for use with 1157...think it's safe to plug a 1156 in there?</div>

I don't think an 1156 bulb would work in a dual filament socket since the contact on the bottom of the bulb might not line up properly with the contacts in the socket. You will need a socket that is meant for an 1156 bulb.</div>

Sorry for the wrong info, now i know that yuo can't do that.

ok i finally took some pics of them lit at night... pardon the poor quality i was shooting w/o flash so the reflectors wouldn't shine. here ya go guys:

hope that helps...

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantT3)</div><div class='quotemain'>For people getting the wiring done at their local body shops, how much are they charging you for doing the sockets and wires. Im just curious, because I know not everyone is doing the wiring themselves. </div>

Mine charged me 40 bucks, and with me being as incompetent as I am don't consider this a rip off. I'd much rather have someone do it right for a high price than cheapo for low prices.

Exactly Bro! Exactly!!! :thumbsup:

Get it done right the first time around

Thanx for the info! 40 dollars is not bad at all! I thought it would be more for some reason.
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Senior TGC Member
    It's ok I guess, but the 40 only stands if I purchase the parts that may be necessary for the install.

1st off i got the wrong bulbs for the brake lights you need bulb #3496 2 packs of those NOT 1004. Sorry my mistake, second these sockets are a lil. to long and u wont be able to get the actual tail in the proper holes. So i just board out a lil hole for the socket to slide through.
    SportBike Powder Coating
    "Not Just Bikes"

[email protected]
    Photos

Re: think i got jdm tails hook up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99BabyBenz)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok i just went and bought all new universal sockets part #85802 double contact/ part #85804 single contact/ bulbs # 1157 amber/ #1003 & 2 packs of # 1004. these sockets fit perfect and the bulbs all fits. one prob. u have to solder on a ground wire to the new sockets but so far so good . this is a lot of stuff but the end result looks proffesional. </div>

so you didn't have to modify any of the holes in the tailight themselves...?</div> no but i did modify my car for these sockets there a lil to long nothing major though.
    SportBike Powder Coating
    "Not Just Bikes"

[email protected]
    Photos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast