The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: angel eye foglights - help

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

angel eye foglights - help

Ok if I buy the Hella Optilux Angel Eyes then how the heck do I wire 'em?
    if you reply - detailed instructions please - I'm kind of slow and NOT electrically inclined

Calipso
    I'm electrically stupid myself, um someone tell me how to wire them because I'm going to pep boys and pick them up myself.

i'll ask my dad how he did it, mine uses the stock fog switch for the fogs and the corner lights for the light ring

ok

1. u wire the angel eye light to the Parking light,, just tap it into the parking light,,

2. u wire the main wire to the exiting fog light...

thats it folks,, oh yea dont forget to ground them bad boy...

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

hey im sorry dont laugh but to tap into the parking lights? where's the wire?
    -- God I'm sorry I'm so stupid

ummm u it right next to the parking bulb under the hood,, but i am not sure which one is parking and which one is signal light wire,, u can alwasy the the wire staraight into the hardness and find out,, which one is whcih,,

than slashed it with knife,, and tap it in..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

if u still need help IM me on AIM or aol.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Khop has it. That's exactly how I wired mine. The Hellas have a really good wiring setup, and you can use your existing foglight relay and switch. Yes the angel eye taps into the parking lights. DJScript wrote a nice tutorial with pictures of how to modify the existing foglight housing to accomodate the Hellas. It works great. Here's the post I found using the search engine. http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...l%20eye&start=0
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Since I'm getting PMs about this, I'm just gonnna post it here --

Code:
    Use the wire that came with the fogs. This wire has connectors for the fog lamp wires. The other end has three wires, Black, White & Yellow. 

You don't have to cut the wiring harness from the stock fog wires in case you want to put the stock fogs back. Just use a wire tap connector that you can get from radio shack or the automotive dept of walmart/kmart. 

Tap the Black and White wires into the factory fog wires. Black to black, White to red. Tap the Yellow wire into the parking light wire. I tapped mine into the driver's side harness (see back of your parking/turn signal bulb) . It's the Green-Red wire (green with red stripe) So, the angel eyes turn on when I turn on the parking lights and the fogs turn on when I use the factory fog light switch.
    <a href="http://jayd.net" target="_blank">Ride With Me Home</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Khop has it.
    told u Chip,, i am not so dum after all..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ