The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exhaust/Mufflers

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    tggotta12

Exhaust/Mufflers

I just bought a universal HKS muffler with tip (4'') will i get a good sound from it do you think ? i have an I4 engine Please respond

Experienced TGC Member
    4 inch tip w/an I4? Someone call the rice popo! :shock:

You might as well have saved some money and ran straight pipes.

Experienced TGC Member
    BTW: Layman I'am I can only guess that it will sound like shit, and you will hear pops and crackels.

tggotta12

you must be stupid !!!!

i got my hks muffler with tip on, it sounds incredible, and maybe its my imagination but it seems more powerful too, anyway, i dont care what that hater piece of garbage says, i love it. I also put on my new TYC Chrome Altezza tail lights, they look very good. i am going to make a car domain site to show ya'll.

My first guess would be that you got an HKS STYLE muffler, because I doubt that you can get a real HKS for $75 shipped. Second, understand that you'll be replacing that muffler in about a year when it starts to sound like a fart can. I'm not hating, just explaining. you basically have a straight pipe surrounded with cheap fiberglass insu;lation. Eventually that fiberglass will melt and burn out. Then your car will sound like every other Honda Civic with a 4" fart can.

When you replace that muffler, I'd suggest you spend the extra money for a Magnaflow or a Dynomax like many of us have. It'll last longer and you'll have a better muffler with a cleaner sound.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

bboyck
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    My first guess would be that you got an HKS STYLE muffler, because I doubt that you can get a real HKS for $75 shipped. Second, understand that you'll be replacing that muffler in about a year when it starts to sound like a fart can. I'm not hating, just explaining. you basically have a straight pipe surrounded with cheap fiberglass insu;lation. Eventually that fiberglass will melt and burn out. Then your car will sound like every other Honda Civic with a 4" fart can.

When you replace that muffler, I'd suggest you spend the extra money for a Magnaflow or a Dynomax like many of us have. It'll last longer and you'll have a better muffler with a cleaner sound.
    You think this is the case with all straight-thru canister mufflers, ie the AC Revolution one I just had installed? If that is the case, you probably could have told me about this 2 weeks ago when I was talking about getting one. Ah well... you live, you learn.

Quote Originally Posted by dada one
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55

You think this is the case with all straight-thru canister mufflers, ie the AC Revolution one I just had installed? If that is the case, you probably could have told me about this 2 weeks ago when I was talking about getting one. Ah well... you live, you learn.
    No, That's not the case with the AC Autotechnica Revolution. My comment was referring to the cheap Ebay mufflers. Here's the inner workings of the real AC mufflers. The Revolution Muffler core is packed with temperature absorbing glass wool, stainless protective mesh, perforated straight through resonator, precise tig welding and high quality anticorrosive stainless steel. ALL REVOLUTION MUFFLERS Are made from the highest quality polished stainless steel. Our unique and exclusive muffler core makes this muffler the most integrated muffler in the market.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

hey, don't hate on 4" tips, i had a turbo-back, 3" stainless, mandrel bent system installed with a ultraflo muffler, and my welder did me a "favor" and welded on a 4" tip without telling me :shock:

Jeff
    i have the AC Revolution muffler on my 4 banger and it was def. one of the best things i've done to my car. real deep "growl" sound at low rpms, and a roar at WOT. it's been on since last november and there has not been any degradation in quality. Chip's right...its one of the best.

bboyck
    ::phew:: Good. I'd like it to hopefully last until I sell the G-lant... But if it doesn't, I'd at least like to get my money's worth from the muffler.

Thanks both Jeff and Fishboy!

Experienced TGC Member

Re: you must be stupid !!!!

So now you sound loud as hell, and have nothing to back it up. How is this NOT rice?

YOU asked me how I thought it would sound.