The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM Grill

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

JDM Grill

Look at what the brown santa got for me today. These pictures don't do it justice.

Of course it doens't fit. At least not yet.

I am not worried about it sticking out. I can solve that when I get the shop to put it on. There going to need to drill new mounting points in the back. What I need to know is will JDM headlight fill in the gap between the grill and the headlights. There is about a 2 inch gap on both sides.
    Or do you guys think the VIS kit will take care of that for me.

I would also like to thank Mike. You know I got you bro...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

nystreetracing
    Nice, it looks good bro. Im glad you finally got it, and already making good use out of it! Enjoy!

TheRealDeal
    im glad u got it bro. It looks good. Can't wait till it all comes to place

8ggalant
    :shock: :evil: *jealous*

the jdm headlights will fill in the gaps on both sides...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

here's the pic of my JDM headliights and JDM grill on US spec... no gap between the headlights and grill but there is a gap below the headlights and grill where they meet the bumper.

Re: JDM Grill

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet
    There is about a 2 inch gap on both sides.
    Or do you guys think the VIS kit will take care of that for me.
    The VIS kit won't fit with the JDM or stock grill... and you'll need the JDM headlights with the VIS kit or you will have the same gaps that you have now with the JDM grill.

All right then JDM headlights it is then. Now can some one tell me the difference between the 2 Piece or the one piece headlights I keep hearing about?

Reelax can you tell me how hard it was for the shop to put on your grill or did you do this yourself?

All right then JDM headlights it is then. Now can some one tell me the difference between the 2 Piece or the one piece headlights I keep hearing about?

Reelax can you tell me how hard it was for the shop to put on your grill or did you do this yourself?
    the two piece headlights have seperate corner pieces for the turn signal. kinda like how the 6g galants are.

the downside to them is that its hard to find the clear corners sometimes. since they are an aftermarket part. if you wanted clear corners with the two piece, you'd have to located a place that sold the piece unlike the 1 piece headlights. with the 1 piece headlights, you just open up the housing and take that bad boy out.

OK so I am going for the one piece then. Do these JDM headlights come in HID also or is that a aftermarket part also?

GalantLadie
    that grill looks hot cant wait to see how it looks installed

OK so I am going for the one piece then. Do these JDM headlights come in HID also or is that a aftermarket part also?
    i dunno about now but before, the jdm's came with just regular halogen bulbs. i know when reelax got his, his didn't come with a harness or anything, just the headlight.

my set came from taiwan via GDImports (galantesp) and had NO harness but you really don't need it. you can just clip in the bulbs and connect them w/ female spade connectors tapped into the OE harness. when u get them i can give you more info on the re-wire from H4 to H7low/H1hi. it's not too bad... cali and mochanges are running the wiring scheme i gave them and so far it is working great. i converted my JDMs to low beam HID H7 b4 i installed the housings but then went to full dual beam HID (H7 & H1) shortly after and, as a precaution to have enough direct current at all times, i upgraded to a custom made, heavy duty wiring harness and relay network for my HID's... this i realized after the fact was completely overkill.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    The grill looks good bro, hope it all works homie..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.