The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: High Miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30
    oldchevron62

High Miles

I was just wondering if it was just me or does everybody have high miles on the galants. And are the trannys made to hold up with proper maintinece. My galant is an 01 ES with 80xxx. What can I say i like to drive. I owe more than the car is worth. I not worried about the car itself cause its bad ass, im just worried about the tranny holding up say over 100xxx miles. I do flush my regulary with Mitsubishi Fluid.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i have a 94 with 110xxx, and it still feels good. when it hits 150xxx i'm gonna start car shopping, even though i have no....repeat....no money....at all. i havn't had one tranny problem yet, and i drive it hard!
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

oldchevron62
    I had a 94 Es a few years ago and i put 153xxx on it and it still ran balls to the was until the tranny went out ant then it put me in a 00 Metro. But i got a new very much high paying job i shitcanned the metro and stuck to my guns and bought an 01 Es a year ago (Had 43xxx) when i bought it.

Senior TGC Member
    I think the engine and tranny will hold up just fine up to 100k miles. We've all heard that the engine is nigh indestructible, and my tranny took it in stride when I was spraying nitrous and racing back in the day. Heck I even did it in reverse...only once
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

TGC Regular
    Well I'm at 160xxx miles now on my 99 ES V6, and it's holding up quite well, I think this is mostly cause the mile that I put on it are highway miles. I've only had the tranny serviced once, at around 60K so things are holding up pretty well. Actually I'm pretty sure my baby was made on a Wednesday when everybody was sober from the weekend and not rushing to get off on a friday. But since I don't want to jinx myself, that's all I'm going to say about my baby for now, and go knock on some wood.

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    Actually I'm pretty sure my baby was made on a Wednesday when everybody was sober from the weekend and not rushing to get off on a friday.
    Wow and all this time I thought I was the only one that knew the terms "Monday cars" and "Wednesday cars."
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

oldchevron62
    That good to hear that there are some galants out there that keep ticken after 100k. All of my miles are highway and also i change my oil with Mobile 1 Synthetic oil every 3-4 thousand miles. Done this since i bought it and also change air filter and spark plugs etc, every 25xxx. Its only the tranny that worries me. I dont drive it too hard but i do like to go out and chase 626s, Accords, and those ugly civics and hand them there ass. Is there any way besides flushing to improve the longetivity of the tranny.

maaan. you guys drive alot. a few months ago, i didn't know how i was gonna void my bumper to bumper, 3 years or 36000 miles.

imma say goodbye to mine today. after 35 months of owning the car.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Potr
    hey i have 85xxx on my 01 es and my tranny is ready to go so... it depends on who you drive and who drove it before you cause mine was a rental car before i got it...

errika
    Yes i'm very proud of my car, its a 2000 de and i have 102000 on my baby, and no major problems at all.

Galants are good cars.

Erika

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    my 5-speed tranny has about 10k miles on it, but my motor has about 50k on it..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Gilhuly
    I have 94,500 on my 99 ESV6 and the tranny is what worries me as well. My motor is a rock, though - still sounds new and my tailpipe is still clean - no carbon after 94k! Running synthetic and changing tranny fluid every 30k

Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan
    I think the engine and tranny will hold up just fine up to 100k miles. We've all heard that the engine is nigh indestructible, and my tranny took it in stride when I was spraying nitrous and racing back in the day. Heck I even did it in reverse...only once
    dont u lie to them Peter,, u did it Twice once you and once your Bro..

umm i still got 130 or more miles to go on mine.. i only have 12K on 02 Ls.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

MINES doing the dam thing - very reliable-just hit 60k on my 02es, and going on 2 years of owning it in oct!! - -gots to get the t-belt changed soon!!
    Semper Fi'

00GTZ00
    LOL hearing all of this makes me feel better about my car LOL i have an 00 GTZ and just passed 63K not to loga ago! Ya for me!!

clone2020
    I just hit 90k on my '99 Galant. *2cents*

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    mine is at 114 and it runs like a kitten.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

bam462
    i have a 00 es 60xxx and no probs and mine came from a auction b4 meand ive had it for 2 years so far . it had markings all over the dam thing. but after being so impressed with mitsu i bought a 01 montaro sport lmt. gotta hand it to the japanease they sure can desine a good car (fuck amarican) just do all the reg maintance and you will be fine

jay shafer

high miles

I have a 99 es v6 galant and i just turned 114,000 miles on mine and just keep changing my trans fluid about every other oil change from a good hook up.

Low miles are not always good...

I have 17K on my 2002ES.. which was 'low' miles, thus making the value go up.. THUS not making it a total loss in my accident..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast