The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tightening of Throttle Body Cable Question

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Tightening of Throttle Body Cable Question

I just went and took a look at the tutorial on tightening the TB cable. Am I to assume that the whole plate where the two bolts are moves to tighten the cable correct? So if you are standing in front of the car, you would want to move it to the left to tighten the cable so that there is no slack in the wire? The tutorial wasn't quite clear.

If this is correct, then I will do it later today. I just have to get my air tools out to take off the STB because I can't get to those bolts with the STB in the way.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt
    Love,
    Matt

Black2k1GTZ
    Yeah your right the whole thing moves. If your standing in front of the car..it'll slide to the left. But remember...do it when the car is on so you dont tighten it too much!!

Marc :mg:

Yes Matt, that is exactly right. It's just to take up the slack in the cable and nothing more :thumbsup:

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

i also recommend that u check it once a week or so. it does get loose. i drove my car for like a day...a long day and yea it got looser so check it out from time to time

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i also recommend that u check it once a week or so. it does get loose. i drove my car for like a day...a long day and yea it got looser so check it out from time to time</div>

oh,...so thats what happened
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

I just did this mod this morning while installing my CAI. Man, I can't believe that cable was so loose. With it tightened, there's immediate response, instead of that 'turbo lag' feel. I hated that.

The Idle RPM didn't raise either.

Gilhuly
    It does help to have the motor running while doing it, but please make sure you don't have any hair or clothing hanging out! Could get ugly quick.

what rpm should the I4 be at i think mine is around 1000 or a lil over is this where the rest of you guys have it?
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

Gilhuly
    Shouldn't be north of 800

Supernova
    Mines about 800-1000 warmed up in drive.

Factory spec is 700 rpm +/-50 rpm when it is warmed up. I also put it in gear for a better reading. If the rpm is too high, it may not be warmed up yet or your accellerator cable is pulled too tightly. As for the possibility of it loosening up....... well, that shouldn't be the case b/c there are 2 bolts that hold that accellerator in place. It's a very low percentage that both bolts would loosen up. If you rpm is too low, back the idle speed screw out on the TB.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>