The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Another Electrical Problem and something else!!!

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Mgalant99

Another Electrical Problem and something else!!!

Hey Guys,

I think I have an electrical problem I'm not sure. My driver side turn signal blinks unbelievably fast now, and the rear turn signal does not work at all. The passenger side is fine and the right rear turn signal works. What could the problem be that is causing this, and what can I do to fix it.

Also, when I brake from a high speed to a lower speed, like 60 to 35, (gradually) my whole steering wheel shakes vigoursly, yet the brake pedal is fine. The car is starting to veer to the left now, so could the shaking be due to a bad alignment??

And one more thing, since I'm already typing, now for some reason when I am driving and have the foot on the gas pedal, like a loud hissing noise comes out through my speakers as I accelerate. What can that be the cause of??

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan

Jeff
    These are assumptions and all I can think of at the moment, so bare with me:

1. replace the rear turn signal bulb

2. more than likely a poor alignment job

3. if you have a stereo system, check your ground wires. It sounds like alternator whine, which is remedied easily with a better ground connection.

Hope that helps.

Mgalant99
    Okay number 2 and 3 I am definetly going with you on that on. As for number 1, lol, the rear turn signal bulb is brand new. Its like theres a short or something, because the front driver turn signal just blinks like a thousand times a second. So I don't know what to do with that.

Thank you for your help!!!!

Dan

1. what you described is the symptom of a blown bulb..check it again...test the bulb with a different source..and make sure the socket or the contacts aren't corroded.

2. could and probably is warp rotors

3. well that's covered

My99GTZ
    Just to chime in some on problem number 1.... I've been experiencing some really odd problems with my left side blinker lights.... they work fine then suddenly my brake light stops working on the drivers side, or my front signal will blow out for a few minutes but work at my next left hand turn.... its odd... I'm not sure if this is a problem others have had with there g's??

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by My99GTZ
    Just to chime in some on problem number 1.... I've been experiencing some really odd problems with my left side blinker lights.... they work fine then suddenly my brake light stops working on the drivers side, or my front signal will blow out for a few minutes but work at my next left hand turn.... its odd... I'm not sure if this is a problem others have had with there g's??

your car's possessed...get an exorcist and all your problems will go away. lol

Quote Originally Posted by My99GTZ
    check the contacts on the bottom of the socket, pull them up so they can get better conact with the bulbs and put a dab of bulb grease while you're at it too.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

99GalantES
    I had a problem with my parking lights too, turned out to be a bad relay. Your relay could be going out and thus causing the faster blinking rate and or intermittent outages.

Mgalant99
    Problem # 1: Has been solved. It turned out that the rear light was ok, but did not have enough power to generate the turn signal function. Therefore it caused a short for the driver side turn signal. Solution: Buy a new 2057 bulb and replaced the bad one. Now everything is working how it should.

Problem # 2: Yet to be solved. Most likely an alignment problem which will not be able to be taken care of until Monday.

Problem # 3: Well I now have fixed it so only the right speakers have the whining sound. Have to play around some more and see where the rest of the problem is coming from.

Thanks for all your help guys!!!