The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Grill opinions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Grill opinions

I'd like some opinions on my custom grill. I have had a custom one for a while and I'm redoing it since it's all chipped up and stuff. The way I had it was a black grill with silver mesh and a beige Mitsu symbol. I'm kind of tired of the mesh look and was thinking of doing a billet grill setup. Check out the pics below and vote for the one you like in the poll.

Black grill with silver mesh and shaved Mitsu logo

Black grill with beige painted mesh and shaved Mitsu logo

Black grill with billet aluminum and shaved Mitsu logo

I'm really considering the billet aluminum or possibly the beige mesh. If I go with the beige mesh, I will paint the mesh in the vents on my CF EVO hood.

This is what my grill currently looks like, primed and ready to paint:

GalantLadie
    i like the silver and billet grill, the billet is different and u'll proably wind up starting a new trend the beige looks like the mesh has tarnished if it were me id go with the billet

before i make my descision, whats goin on with the bottom grille, the one in the bumper? i know your jdm style kit has an opening on the bottom too, what's filling that up?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

tribal
    billet grill is totally hot

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    before i make my descision, whats goin on with the bottom grille, the one in the bumper? i know your jdm style kit has an opening on the bottom too, what's filling that up?
    I'm going to stick with the mesh that came with the bumper. It's extremely thin (not quite as thin as chicken wire) and I'm having the body shop paint it black, so it won't even be noticeable. Maybe you can see it in the pic below if you look closely.

Supernova
    Billet. Cause its original(for the Galant anyway).

BTW: how did you shave the mitsu emblem?

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova
    Billet. Cause its original(for the Galant anyway).

BTW: how did you shave the mitsu emblem?
    The emblem? Well, first I popped the emblem off the grill, then filled in the indent with bondo. Then I sanded everything down and primed the grill.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I say keep it the way you have it just paint the mesh black, that is how mine has been done.. looks sick as hell to me..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

i say keep the mesh and paint it black to match the bottom. maybe later if you have osmething like a big FMIC to fill in the gap in the bottom, you might wanna go with a billet grille. to me it would just look funny having billet on top and mesh on the bototm

See, my problem with the mesh in the grill is that it is a different design than what is in the bumper. I think that looks stupid. I've seen that on cars before and I can't understand why they would use 2 different types of mesh? Anyway, I just went out and bought some aluminum. What I'm going to do is make the billet grill and if it doesn't look as good as I think in person, I might just paint the aluminum black.

I really like the way the grill looks on this Maxima:

GalantLadie
    that maxima does look hot, but im sure whateva u decide will look great i have always like ur g-ride. quick ? did u paint ur headlight houseings?? was it a bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by N.H.GalantLadie
    that maxima does look hot, but im sure whateva u decide will look great i have always like ur g-ride. quick ? did u paint ur headlight houseings?? was it a bitch?
    That's just a photoshop job with the 2002 headlights for now, but I will be painting the inside housing of my lights and smoking the amber lens with Nite Shades eventually.

escoson
    IMO, beige mesh looks the best. it looks the cleanest.

i have to disagree... the beige dont look that good. i like the regualr mesh or the billet grile....
    Diego

Airbus A320
    A guy who lives by me had a custom billet grill done for his black 8g. It looks hot as hell.

yo,, david go with Silver Mess,,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

sj420
    i'd like to see the billet one. i personally haven't seen one on a g. but i think it'll look terrible if it was chrome like on a truck... try it in black/dark gray/gunmetal/cf whatever, and not too shiny and i think you'll have a winner. it should go nicely with all your blacked out sections and headlights.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>maybe later if you have osmething like a big FMIC to fill in the gap in the bottom, you might wanna go with a billet grille.</div>

With the JDM VR-M front bumper that I have, there is no way in hell I could ever fit an FMIC. The mesh in the opening of the bumper is practically up against the radiator.

how about a billet grille but without the stock grille. so it would be more like that maxima u posted?

BXNYMitsu01

Re: Grill opinions

Black grill with billet aluminum and shaved Mitsu logo

This is the one that looks the best. 8)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast