The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: intake

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    ramell86

intake

On an earlier post there was a tutorial about removing the snorkel things attached to the airbox. Anyone know the reason for them even being put on. It seems like a waste of plastic to me. Also, It seems to me that the hole for the one snorkel that goes behind the radiator could be used for a cold air intake or something, but i doubt anyone makes one for a 6g thats not a vr4.

Also, couldn't removing the snorkels and creating holes in the airbox allow more dirty air in? (which would mess up the filter and maybe the engine??)

thanks for the input/help

J apmetal
    Those things are resonator boxes; they quieten the intake noise for those who think cars are just a means of transport, so taking them off makes the car sound a bit sportier [altho not as good as with a full free-flow induction kit !]

I dont think they do do a cold air feed for the older Galants, but if you get down the local DIY warehouse & have a look at the pipes and hosing they do I'm sure you can cobble together something decent

I've got my own plan for a cold air feed & hoping to get it sorted soon - when I do you guys at TGC will be the first to know !

Of course, taking all these bits off does let more crap into the filter, but that's what it's there for ! If anything, the only problem you might get form this is having to change the filter more often, but in the hunt for horsepower it's a small trade-off 8)

ConceptSleeper
    Injen makes an intake for the non turbo 1g t/e/l that will fit, relocation of the battery seems to be the best way to make it fit though!

ConceptSleeper

ConceptSleeper
    heres the Injen intake for the 1g t/e/l non turbo

http://www.injen.com/webpages/intakes/inta...y/is/is1885.jpg