The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cold Air for the 2000 I-4

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    Aje129

Cold Air for the 2000 I-4

Hey does the cold air intake for the 99 I-4 eclipse fit the 2000 I-4 galant, or only the 2000+eclipse??
    If so, does this look like a solid product worth the cheap price...or a shitty plastic waste of money?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2422696069

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2423311338

Which one looks like better material??
    thanks

2000+ Eclipse only.

Aje129
    What do u guys think about this deal??
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2423462584

The low price makes it tempting but, to me, that makes it suspect.....
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>This Cold Air induction systems create MORE horsepower than EVERY intake system on the market. </div>

That's saying alot for a $43 CAI. IMO, I'd stick with reputable brands such as AEM or Injen. They're more costly but you get what you pay for. Peace.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tonivegas82)</div><div class='quotemain'>The low price makes it tempting but, to me, that makes it suspect.....
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>This Cold Air induction systems create MORE horsepower than EVERY intake system on the market. </div>

That's saying alot for a $43 CAI. IMO, I'd stick with reputable brands such as AEM or Injen. They're more costly but you get what you pay for. Peace.</div>

yea i agree with him,, i will get AEM or Injen when it comes to intake,, u dont want take risk,,

well me personally have MAS Adapter with Cone Filter,,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

oh yea also,, i got my MAS Adapter with Cone Filter from the Same company... XOXO Parts..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Aje129
    Anyone know of BOMZ Racing....theyve got one up for 50$
    I know i should stick with the better named brands...i usually do...but for a CAI, its either a 50$ shitty intake for 1-2 HP, at most...or a 250$ nice CAI, for about 5-6 at most...those 3 HP arent really worth the 200$ when im in college, broke as shit, and savin up for some better stuff like headers...

TGC Regular
    you also forget about quality, not just the horsepower / price ratio

anyone remember the weapon-r intakes? PIECE OF SH*T

when people say u get wut u pay for, they're right. u dont want something that would fail on you and potentially damage the engine, which would cost ALOT more to fix
    Your signature is too long.

I got a 95-99 Eclipse non-turbo CAI on my 8g it works great!!! I just had to do a little mod for the Mass Air sensor, i used my 4inch Mass air flow adapter off my weapon R intake. Check it on gatgc.net under 'MEMBERS PAGE"

Dreamspeed CAI
    $125 last time i looked..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

lil phrase you can go by...

You get what u pay for..

I never had any problems out of my Cai!!! No SES and it sounds deeper then aem or injen!! The only way to shoot down the 2nd gen eclipse intake on the galant is to dyno both. Besides my filter is the same place as Injen or Aem and my tube is chrome!!

BigJack
    I bought a similar product off ebay for like $125.00 shipped. It was for a 00-03 eclispes 2.4l. I figured it was the same engine so it should fit. Well the quality is pretty nice in my opinion. I had several CAI on various cars that cost a lot more. This one just needs to be cut a little to fit perfectly. I just installed it and haven't driven the car so I can't comment on performance yet. I would rather spend a little money and mod something to fit. $200 plus for a cai? Are you crazy?

bam462
    hey i beleive shane said and if i am wrong correct me that he uses his weapon r at the track cause he gets better times or it seems to run better. and yea you get what you pay for you can buy craftman once or walmart 15 times. but i aint spendin 200+ on sumthing ima rippin out and wont use again after i get a SDS(i got hafe the money baby) if you gonna run only nitros or enter shows get the best but for sumthing that is commin out soon ( and i hear alot of peeps talk about gettin sds or turbo) then why waist your money

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bam462
    hey i beleive shane said and if i am wrong correct me that he uses his weapon r at the track cause he gets better times or it seems to run better. and yea you get what you pay for you can buy craftman once or walmart 15 times. but i aint spendin 200+ on sumthing ima rippin out and wont use again after i get a SDS(i got hafe the money baby) if you gonna run only nitros or enter shows get the best but for sumthing that is commin out soon ( and i hear alot of peeps talk about gettin sds or turbo) then why waist your money
    Nope your right i do use my weapon-r only at the track, just for the basic reason its a short ram intake i converted into a ram air, just for the track.. Right now im using a custom built CAI, thats running way better than either the AEM which i have had or the INjen which i have had as well.. If you want quality to gotta spend the money..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.