The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cost of a bumper cover

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    02ESGALANTI4

Cost of a bumper cover

Just last Friday I had some jerk-a-saurus rex hit the left rear bumper of my 02' Galant ES. It scrped the bumper but you can see that the bumper cover was damaged, as there are ripple like cracks and one little tear. Does anyone know the cost of an 02' Galant ES bumper cover, or bumper painted Bodega Beige? Does any one know if a 2001 or 2000 Galant bumper will fit on a 2002? I actually like the air slits at the bottom of the 2001 and under bumpers, and would love to put that on my Galant instead. Please post back and let me know! Thanks!

Senior TGC Member
    Don't know the price, but I know it fits. I never knew the bumper design was changed
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

8ggalant
    yea the cover lookd diffe but it fits...yer gonna need the grill too i think...or u can get a aftermarket front end...after paint and installation im sure its around the same price...but im not sure of the price tho

Jeff
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea the cover lookd diffe but it fits...yer gonna need the grill too i think...or u can get a aftermarket front end...after paint and installation im sure its around the same price...but im not sure of the price tho</div>

i could be wrong but i think he's talking about the rear...so no replacement grill would be needed.

wgat grill 3 da rear!!! rear bumper cover will cost no more than about $150!!!!
    Semper Fi'

8ggalant
    :oops: oops

+ the painting process!!!
    Semper Fi'

02ESGALANTI4
    So I got a quote of $480.00 for a new bumper cover, painted and installed. Is this a good quote? Or am I being raped?. The guy is my Mitsu dealership's body shop.

My99GTZ
    Sounds about right... my replacement for the front cover and reinforcement bar and wheel well molding will cost me 693

yep, the shop had charged 6 billz and some change for my 02 metallic silver g to replace the rear bumper cover painted,installed - so your str8, homie
    Semper Fi'

02ESGALANTI4
    Thanks guys! My Galant will be as good as new again by Thursday. The repair guy also told me that once I prepay, he can have the work done on my Galant within 2 hours.

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02ESGALANTI4)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks guys! My Galant will be as good as new again by Thursday. The repair guy also told me that Â*once I prepay, he can have the work done on my Galant within 2 hours. </div>

Yeah that's what I wanted to do with my bumper and hood, but then the bodyshop turned right back around and told me it would take 3 days even if they prepped the parts ahead of time :evil:
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison