The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant vs WRX

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    tggotta12

Galant vs WRX

Has anyone ever been able to take a stock WRX ? Just for shits and giggles i would like to know,

I would think that the couple of guys with the Superchargers could take one. Even a V6 on the bottle could probably take one as well. But, I know my V6 can't take a stock WRX. I've only got a CAI and a muffler plus it's automatic. My friend has a stock WRX and he took me. That's with my friend just learning how to drive stick on the WRX.

BXNYMitsu01
    I believe in order to take a WRX with a Galant you must have some serious mods. IMO. 8)

Senior TGC Member
    I think VegasMatt and I have taken a WRX with our V6, I know I have for sure. Once before I was spraying nitrous, and once more after I had the kit installed. 1 loss, 1 win. At higher speeds it doesn't matter anymore, the WRX's shorter gearing will allow you to pull on it much easier and many 4 bangers are able claim to have beaten a WRX when racing up near the 70-80 mph area.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    i took one out a couple months back leaving work going down the 528 to John Young, thought it would have been faster.. o well..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

tim888tim
    WRX's main advantage is the AWD. In the rain, pratically nothing will beat a WRX off the line. Subaru is bringing out the new WRX Si which boast 300hp (compaired to the current 240) It matches up pretty closely with the Evolution that Mitsubishi is putting out.

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tim888tim
    Subaru is bringing out the new WRX Si
    You mean, "Subaru has begun selling the new WRX STi" don't you? I've already seen 2 on the streets, but have yet to see an Evo.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan
    Quote Originally Posted by tim888tim
    Subaru is bringing out the new WRX Si
    You mean, "Subaru has begun selling the new WRX STi" don't you? I've already seen 2 on the streets, but have yet to see an Evo.
    i've only seen one evo since they've been out, some stupid ass ghetto punk who couldn't drive it worth shit.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

tim888tim
    er yah that is what I meant, "STi"

Jeff
    got one for ya...Dodge SRT-4. my brothers getting one and he's gonna be killin me until i get the stage 2 s/c, which i will own. i swear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    got one for ya...Dodge SRT-4. my brothers getting one and he's gonna be killin me until i get the stage 2 s/c, which i will own. i swear it.
    Have fun when you get your SC.. those SRT-4's are really quick, but sound like dookie..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Supernova
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    those SRT-4's are really quick, but sound like dookie..
    Tell me about it, i heard one on the street. The G sounds way better.

I've raced one I posted it on the racing forum a while back, Im supercharged 4cyl I had the lead for a bit until we hit triple digits the fucker passed me as I was hittin 115!! :oops:

Thats why the car is going in for an intercooler!!!

I dont think he was stock though. But whatever those fuckers are quick!
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    i've only seen one evo since they've been out, some stupid ass ghetto punk who couldn't drive it worth shit.
    I would have said you saw me driving, but I don't live in San Diego

BXNYMitsu01
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeff)</div><div class='quotemain'>got one for ya...Dodge SRT-4. Â*my brothers getting one and he's gonna be killin me until i get the stage 2 s/c, which i will own. Â*i swear it.</div> those SRT-4's are really quick, but sound like dookie..</div>

Tell me about it, i heard one on the street. The G sounds way better.</div>

Yeah they may sound loud (Dodge SRT-4), but for $20,000 and 215hp they are really nice. AND LOUD!

Also imagine what upgrades you can do to that car...............

Jeff
    mopar makes so much shit for that car already, it's sick.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I dont think he was stock though. But whatever those fuckers are quick!</div>

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was stock...they are basically a sized down viper with turbo. let me know how it goes when you get the intercooler in. that's why i want the stage 2 kit before i take on my brother....he'd still beat me with the stage 1. damn 4 cyl.

Hey, what kind of motor do they have in the SRT-4?
    Car & Driver said it has a 2.4 litre engine with a Mitsubishi turbo.
    could it be a 4g64?

Quote Originally Posted by MITSUMANIAC
    Hey, what kind of motor do they have in the SRT-4?
    Car & Driver said it has a 2.4 litre engine with a Mitsubishi turbo.
    could it be a 4g64?
    I was told it was using the GS-T motor..