The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Experienced TGC Member
    Can you maybe get some pics up of your engine?

Very interested as to the setup, thanks

A1C Walker
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

queball
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g96nt)</div><div class='quotemain'>if it's the turbo in the picture... it's absolutely *NOT* a Â*DSM turbo

and that thing is in *ROUGH* shape..

before you bid..ask the seller if it's *REALLY* a dsm turbo</div>
    Theres more of them on ebay i was just using that one to show that they are out there on ebay..

understood.... but that auction says "1990-94 MT..."

sooo I was just warning Everyone =0]
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

Dark Anghell
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TurboGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>My '64 is turbo. Â*SOHC and all.
    New tranny will be delivered tomorrow, from Level10.
    Now all I need to do is get the turbo rebuilt and I'll be good to go.
    I did run into a small problem after it was turboed. Â*I had to get cooler spark plugs, I was getting early detonations. Â*
    I had a stronger fuel pump, MSD ignition, & fuel management unit installed. Â*MSD is not required, but it doesn't hurt. Â*Side mount intercooler, and very creative piping.</div>

How much did you have to put into the turbo install (including all the parts)? How many do you have on the car? How long have you had the turbo for?

Dark Anghell
    This question is probably for Craig...On the yahoo groups you guys were saying something about a sensor on the DOHC head that is totally different from the sensor on SOHC, and in order to make it work, something has to be rewired...what's that all about?
    Also any advise on DOHC swap? I have a friend with a couple of DSM's sitting in his yard, all have 4g63t in them, and those cars are used for parts :shock: . What parts do I need to take off in order to make everything work?

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pavel)</div><div class='quotemain'>This question is probably for Craig..I have a friend with a couple of DSM's sitting in his yard, all have 4g63t in them, and those cars are used for parts Â*:shock: . What parts do I need to take off in order to make everything work?</div>

I was kinda wondering the same thing.... :puzzled1: I don't want to get to this guys yard and fork over $150 just to find out I forgot something important.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

TurboGalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>How much did you have to put into the turbo install (including all the parts)? How many do you have on the car? How long have you had the turbo for?
    </div>

I intially put $2K in to it. That included the parts: Manifold, Turbo, fuel pump, pillar, gauges, sensors, and exhaust upgrade. From some problems that occured I put another $1K into trouble shooting it, then adding a MSD ignition, FMU, different fuel pump. There are some other odds and ends I can't think of right now.

I just put $4400 into a new transmission. The turbo made short work of the factory automatic. I have already blown the turbo, so it needs to get rebuilt - another $300. I had an operational turbo Galant for 6 months or so before the turbo went and the transmission followed right after. But it is about to be running again real soon. Transmission got here at lunch, and I'll be dropping it off at the shop first thing in the morning.

Turboing your car is going to be rather pricey, but if you can handle it, it is a whole lot of fun!!!

what year DSM's?

2g's?

why not do it right?
    pull yourself a wiring harness, and Wire the car.

then Just use the 95 ECU/harness/and Any DSM engine you'd like

if you don't feel like doing That.. find out what your buddy Wants for one of the Wiring harnesses for *ME* because I need one.. and I've been too lazy to get one.
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

Dark Anghell
    This is the deal...this guy is my friends friend. So I have to go through my friend to get to that guy. I asked him about 2nd. gen. eclipses in his yard...he might have them. The engines are not complete. If he does have awiring harness...I might as well get one for myself, if the price is right. BTW Craig, how much did you pay for your wiring harness?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12