The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Blue LED Gauge Bulbs!

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    akiraflux

Blue LED Gauge Bulbs!

Put em in. Gonna take off the orange paint later this week...didn't do it earlier cuz i wasn't sure if they'd be bright enough. i do believe they are tight.

yup i got the same thing,, now all u got do is clear them neadles,, with nail polish remover.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

FinalLast
    nice
    how much was the bulbs?
    where did u get them?

go to any local auto store and get blue 194 bulb,, make sure u get darker blue,, not Light color.. and it shold not coast u more than 5 bucks for the 5 bulb,, may be 8 TOp/

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

ScOtTiE_MaK
    how would that look with the EL Reverses??? cause i got my lights turned down cause the indiglo is good enough but would still like to have more light....so what do you think those blue would do???

Quote Originally Posted by ScOtTiE_MaK
    how would that look with the EL Reverses??? cause i got my lights turned down cause the indiglo is good enough but would still like to have more light....so what do you think those blue would do???
    I used to have blue bulbs with my el reverse and then I put in red bulbs
    the red looked good...the needles were real bright
    and now I have no bulbs at all so I can keep all the other lights bright

this is with the red bulbs...you can see red glow around guage
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

akiraflux
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2422870387

thats the auction i won. i guess the guy is openin up a webpage...

www.blazinleds.com

$16 after shipping for 6 bulbs

how hard is it to replace the bulbs? that provably would look tight with green ones

Quote Originally Posted by Z
    how hard is it to replace the bulbs? that provably would look tight with green ones

I have green ones in mine to match my radio.....I'll take pics tonight so you can see them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Z

I have green ones in mine to match my radio.....I'll take pics tonight so you can see them.....
    thanks man, that would be great

akiraflux
    i did this at the driving range cuz my friends wanted to see me do it. took me 10 min and that's only cuz the led's are single polarity and i had a couple turned around so they didn't light up. the first time it took me maybe 20 min cuz i was bein all careful and i wasn't postive on what i was doin. follow the instructions for putting in EL gauges. just...skip the EL gauge part.

http://tgcny.galants.com/8thgen/howto.htm

ScOtTiE_MaK
    so if i take out those bulbs i can turn that dial all the way up and have my shifter light back =)

so take out all the bulbs involved with the speeddometer - gas - rpms but leave the bottom bulbs????

and then i should be all good with puttin the knob all the way up so i can see again =)