The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Talking to my Mistubishi Dealer today...

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Kieran

Talking to my Mistubishi Dealer today...

...They confirmed that the 8G Galant is no more in the UK :cry:... Production has now ended, the Galant link has been removed from their website and the last few are now being sold... so if anyone is thinking of getting a new one, then it's Last Orders time!

They assure that spares will not be a problem, however, dealer-fit accessories (alloys, trim, kickplates, etc) are now starting to dry up a bit - I enquired about alloys, and from a selection of about ten, only 4 were easily available. If anyone's interested, whilst not the cheapest, they're knocking out the 17" rims with 215/45 tyres for £170 a corner... The parts chap I spoke to says that this is good value(?).

Just thought I'd let you know (if you didn't already)...

umm.. looks like 9g.. is taking over,, did u guys in Uk got the same G.. as we did in US..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Kieran
    Quote Originally Posted by K h O p A r I
    umm.. looks like 9g.. is taking over,, did u guys in Uk got the same G.. as we did in US..
    I don't know if were getting the 9G, and neither does the local dealership - but if we do, I hope it doesn't look as absurdly ugly as the US version! I really don't think a car looking like THAT would sell over here (remmember the Ford Scorpio, anyone?)

Incidentally, the 17" wheels that I mentioned earlier are the same style as fitted to the 2002 model year 2.5 V6 Sport, if anyone's wondering. I'm afraid I dont have a picture.

[quote="Kieran"]
    Quote Originally Posted by K h O p A r I
    I hope it doesn't look as absurdly ugly as the US version! I really don't think a car looking like THAT would sell over here
    yea i forgot,, u all people out there got higher standard,, thats not right. :?

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Kieran
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*
    yea i forgot,, u all people out there got higher standard,, thats not right. :?</div>

<typical british upper class twit accent>
    Not Right?!! Of course it's right, by jove! After all, we're British!
    We didn't take over nearly half the globe over 100 years for nothing!
    </typical british upper class twit accent>

That said, there are certainly some advantages to driving on the same side as the Japanese - we get almost the same spec cars as they do, and a thriving grey import market for the models they try and keep to themselves! Mwahahhah!

Dmac1969
    Youre right about the wheels , i got a deal from my dealer , set of 4 Sport alloys with Dunlop 215/45-17s fitted for £500 , and proper Mitsubishi parts! Also got A VR4 spoiler fitted and painted for £500 at the same time (both currently awaiting fitment , but will be on the car within the fortnight!) Shame about the end of 8G Galant , will 9G be built in Japan or Born-Nederlands?...or will it be built on the C Class platform as Mitsu is now tied in with DaimlerChrysler AG?