The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Grill fab question

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    wmaharrisjr

Grill fab question

I am interested in doing the mesh on my grill and lower portion, I have a couple of questions tho, Has any one done it with out cutting the fins out of the grill or the bars at the bottom on the bumper? also thise with CAI do you notice a difference + or - with the mesh?

Titanium2K2
    Since I have an 02 i really can't answer your question regarding the fins and the bars but as far as the CAI goes there is no difference assuming that you're talking about restriction of air. Is that what you're talking about wmaharrisjr?

thats me.

i didn't even have to pull the bumper cover off.

pretty much to sum things up,

took out a headlight. took off the grille.

cut the mesh so its a lil bit bigger than the opening.

slid the mesh behind the bumper, where the back of the grille would be.

i then muscled the mesh to the opening and used some long pliers to pull the mesh towards the opening.

then i zip tied the mesh on.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

wmaharrisjr
    pinoy do you have any pics or anything of it?

Quote Originally Posted by wmaharrisjr
    pinoy do you have any pics or anything of it?
    i do. but, galants.com is down. lets see if i can upload it somewhere else.

wmaharrisjr
    ok cool let me know i plan on doin it tonite or tomorrow

this shows part of it a lil bit closer.

but yea, the mesh shouldn't hamper the function of your cai. keep the mesh clean and free of debris and you won't have any problems

wmaharrisjr
    thanks did you do the upper grill too, do you have any pics from the inside, do you think it will be ok to use epoxy, my car is silver, what do you think will look better silver or black

Quote Originally Posted by wmaharrisjr
    thanks did you do the upper grill too, do you have any pics from the inside, do you think it will be ok to use epoxy, my car is silver, what do you think will look better silver or black
    im doing the upper 2morrow hopefully.

pictures from the inside. nope. nothing to see. my car is black and i got lucky with black zip ties and the mesh is jsut zip tied to the bars. the sides and the bottom are just regular mesh, not bent and the top is bent from when i forced the mesh towards the front. the top is held in by friction.

as for using epoxy, you can use it, but i dunno how you're gonna do it without bending the mesh or taking the bumper off. if you want something that you might not see so easily, small zip ties might work or wire might work too.