The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stock 4cyl. Front wheel dyno results?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 57 of 57
    Tiller
    Quote Originally Posted by MnGalant
    Good we need a little drama around here ever once in a while keeps things interesting.
    at your service...

galant2kde
    2002 I4 Galant Base, Manual Tranny Swap, Cams, Cam gears, High Compression Ration Piston Piston Rings, Stage 2 turbo with ZEX kit, CIA, 3inch Cat-Back Exusht, Specaily modded AEM EMS Programable ECU Upgrade, Reinforced Blocks, Denso Plugs, Wires, Ignition Upgrade, Boost controler, AFC!

292WHP@2540RPM
    317FlyWheel HP

tiller would you like to race?

galant2kde
    ohhh jesus and i forgot the headers too...

Quote Originally Posted by galant2kde
    2002 I4 Galant Base, Manual Tranny Swap, Cams, Cam gears, High Compression Ration Piston Piston Rings, Stage 2 turbo with ZEX kit, CIA, 3inch Cat-Back Exusht, Specaily modded AEM EMS Programable ECU Upgrade, Reinforced Blocks, Denso Plugs, Wires, Ignition Upgrade, Boost controler, AFC!

292WHP@2540RPM
    317FlyWheel HP

tiller would you like to race?
    Scrap those high compression pistons if your going to slap on a stage 2 turbo you wanna blow the motor?

Just do what AK1 has done, full motor upgrade 18G Turbo, Spearco FMIC, 200hp shot of Venom NOS, Haltech Computer, AFC, etc etc etc he has waaaay to much to list. Check his ride out here: www.HorsePowerHouse.com its a DAMN NICE Galant!! I'm glad i was able to see it at the Chi-town HIN!! Not to mention all the CHi-town members :thumbsup:

Oh, and i can pretty much guarentee AK1 is pushing high 200hp range, and then some if you add his NOS.

galant2kde
    you wont blow the motor with a stage 2 it adds anywhere from 40-70hp

Senior TGC Member
    Is that your peak horsepower figure or just the number 2500 rpm? Didn't know if you peaked early for some reason...must be a real struggle launching your car with that much low end I'll race you once my blower is in...just give me 7 years.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

galant2kde
    nope thats where it picks up and high horsepower stays in that range till it dropps off b4 the red line this car is fucking crazy fast and has a sprint from 0-60 in 5.1 seconds....

Tiller
    nope thats where it picks up and high horsepower stays in that range till it dropps off b4 the red line this car is fucking crazy fast and has a sprint from 0-60 in 5.1 seconds....
    show me a dyno chart...

funny how you only lost 8% through the drivetrain... what kinda clutch you running to be able to handle all that power and transfer nearly all of it to the ground...?

You running an LSD...?

Sorry bud, but i'm calling BS until i see a dyno chart...

Senior TGC Member
    I'm gonna believe it, mainly cause I've seen 7th gens put down 300 whp hehe
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

toc8g
    First things First,..Tiller good Job handleing the kid. Second,..this not directed toward anyone in particular. I had a 2000 I-4 ES Fed Spec Galant. I had a custom 2.25 cat back exhaust pipe with a AC AutoTechnic Muffler, Jet ECU mod, Injen CAI, and a AEM cam GEar that I seldom moved. I have beaten A V-6 F-150 97 ext cab m/t and a 99 V6 F-150 a/t both off the line and on the run. I was witness to my wife beating a V6 Alero of the line(beat by half a car.) , I personally raced a Dodge Dakota V6 single cab and beat his ass,..and damn that one felt good because he was sure he was gonna beat me,....!!! I beat a 80's model V6 Camero at the Drag Strip,..heh and I only had a filter and a muffler at the time andI ran a 17.8!!HAHAHAHH On a Role I beat newer model V6 Camero. I barely beat a V6 Mustang newer model. ,....The only thing my Fed Spec never got a chance to do is Beat a V6 Galant. I think a I-4 moded can beat a Stock V6 Galant,..but I do not think mod for mod a I-4 could beat a V6 Galant.
    I have been in this Galant game since the beginning andI don't fool myself in what the I-4 Galant can and cannot do,...and I am only speaking for the I-4 8G,..7G is a whole nother story!

Senior TGC Member
    Plus the whole Fed spec Cali spec thing...too many variables to deal with :x

APBRSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiller
    You have to remember these are race design header 4 to 1 which is now for there high horse power, 20 is easily possible with this design.
    well, when you get your headers, do a before and after dyno run and post them to shut me up...

until then...? i'm gonna keep :monkeypiss: on your I4, just yours man for acting like a jerkoff...
    Tiller u are by FAR the dumbest person i've ever seen. U wanna try to piss on my I4 Asshole and as for galant2kde i've seen his car in person and he gives me a run for my money... P.S I Also am far from stock

galant2kde
    tiller go add some type R stickers to your peice u could add up too 50 hp each, then maybe you could beat me... ahaha

Woah! How did I miss out on all this shit talking! Someone needs to reach way back and pull about two feet of panties out off their ass crack. This thread looks like a good candidate for the "Kick me in the balls!" sub forum I have called for in the past.

Two things,

One, can't race it if you don't have it. You can throw numbers around all day long "I can net 1000hp at the wheels!" if you like proof usually shuts people right up.

Two, there is no replacement for displacement. When you have done all you can do to your I4 the V6 still has room to grow. Will it cost more? sure but if we are in the land of make believe engine upgrades it doesn't really matter. Plus, EVERONE knows you can't just add the hp gains from mods together and say SEE! 8000 HP just by bolting on stuff!

Ahh, I feel better now.

Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Man™
    Search the boards first please!

Tiller
    Quote Originally Posted by APBRSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiller
    You have to remember these are race design header 4 to 1 which is now for there high horse power, 20 is easily possible with this design.
    well, when you get your headers, do a before and after dyno run and post them to shut me up...

until then...? i'm gonna keep :monkeypiss: on your I4, just yours man for acting like a jerkoff...
    Tiller u are by FAR the dumbest person i've ever seen. U wanna try to piss on my I4 Asshole and as for galant2kde i've seen his car in person and he gives me a run for my money... P.S I Also am far from stock
    who invited you to the party asshole... Like i told you, i would have eaten your piddly RSX for breakfast with my Si...

And I don't race in my Galant... what's the point...?

Tiller
    tiller go add some type R stickers to your peice u could add up too 50 hp each, then maybe you could beat me... ahaha
    i'm sure they would...

show me your dyno chart, and stop talking shit...

You didn't really reply to my calling you out on your BS numbers... what's up...?

Topic Closed. this topic is getting out of hand. IT isn't about dyno results anymore, its about which has more power a stock v6 or a heavlily modified i4. mostly opinions with no flat out proof jsut word of mouth

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123