The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tint - opinions please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

Tint - opinions please.

k well I figured Im going to get my windows finally tinted. And anyways, i believe hte limit in our state is 35%. What % do you guys think I should do? Should I stay at 35, or go darker? Id like some opinions on what you all think, and those with tint if you could tell me what you have, and if you like it or not, wish you had gone darker, etc etc. Thanks!

akiraflux
    i wish i could've gone darker in the front but our limit is 42%. so i had to go with 50%. back is 20% and i love it...i just had no wish to have to find somebody to do safety inspections and pass me so i stayed legal. 20% all round looks tight though

I was thinking 35% all around, except on the front. How you think that would look?

akiraflux
    you should not ignore my IM's.

i killed the last man who did that...

lol sorry about that. Im at work, and im signed on AIM @ home.

akiraflux
    Quote Originally Posted by Spy
    lol sorry about that. Im at work, and im signed on AIM @ home.
    well that's a dirty trick to pull...

if 35 is legal then do that shit all the way round. it'd look good.

lol well ya know. im just trying to confuse you as much as possible.

i agree though, i think 35% would look good all the way around, minus the front. thanks

balln8g
    If you need to go light but don't want to be too visible during the day you can go w/ that Platinum tint.....KnightriderXXX has that on his ride and it looks hella tight....I'm even gonna re-do my windows like that.

I've got 35% all around except the front to be legal. All the cops in MD and VA are now carrying either the laser detector or the pocket card, and if your windows are over limit, they'll cite you in a second. Platinum tint is also illegal here. I wish I could go darker, but 35% is a significant improvement over nothing at all.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

JROCKA

I have 35's

I habe 35% and it sucks. If I could go back, I would. I want to get 20% now. If I were you I wouldnt get 35's unless you know the cops are gonna hound you. Im from NY so of course the cops have better things to do unless they just want to be a pain in the @ss

tha police.. go 5% all around...

J/K Go legal.. or like Ballin said.. Platinum (if its legal there) I love it..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

alright, thanks for all the opinions guys... maybe i will go a little darker... what exactly is the platinum tint? whats the difference? Thanks

leadfoot
    i got 20% all around and ive had it for about 2 or 3 months every time i see a cop i put the windows down to make sure no bs yes it's illgeal but it's looks alot better and darker my bro had 35% on his old CL and it looked clear as day on his car i parked my car next to his and the difference was huge.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeGalant
    tha police.. go 5% all around...

J/K Go legal.. or like Ballin said.. Platinum (if its legal there) I love it..
    hell yea chrome that's what im talking about. im rocking 5% all around too. good for getting head while driving.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

missbitchy
    i have 20% all around too and i dont roll shit down its very illgeal but most people have it soo most cops dont bother unless they are real assholes i have had mine at 20% for going on two yrs and have been stop many times never once for tint :!:

good for getting head while driving.
    4-Sho!!

Platinum is like mirror, bur from certain angles it looks like regular tint..

2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

think ima go for 20%... maybe platinum. you guys ever get hassled for it? And say I do get pulled over for it, can they give me a fix it ticket? Cause i dont wanna have to get it retinted because of that...

when in doubt, get 35% green window tint. 8)

Godspell
    Im gunna get a new tint too Im sick of getting in my car and its 170 degrees.

Godspell
    Im gunna get a new tint too Im sick of getting in my car and its 170 degrees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast