The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tint - opinions please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    KNJGalant2002
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spy)</div><div class='quotemain'>think ima go for 20%... maybe platinum. Â*you guys ever get hassled for it? Â*And say I do get pulled over for it, can they give me a fix it ticket? Â*Cause i dont wanna have to get it retinted because of that...</div>

Yea they do that here in New York. That's why I didn't go with platinum. Cops are more likely to pull people over with platinum then 20% tint. I wasn't paying 200 dollars to have a cop tell me to have it retinted. So I got the 20%. I like it. It's dark enough I think.

jeremy4024
    I drive a 99 Black GTZ and right now the person before me put like a higher % than 35% on and I don't think its even close to dark enough. I want somethin a lot darker. I don't want 5% and I want it darker than %20%.... Can they do like 10 or 15%?

I know in NY if you do get the ticket you can fight it Right b4 I go to get mine retinted ( now 35 all around gooing with 20 over the 35) I am going to take pictures of my car, b/c if oyu show them you took it off and have no tint or lighter tint they dismiss you ticket, at least in NY.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

john mars

tint

i have 35% front and 20% the rest of the back...

SilverKnight
    I got clear windshield 35% front windows 20% rear windows and 5% back window for about year and a half and havent got pulled over. well for the windows anyways.

VIO
    i had 5% all the way around on my last car and i would get at least 2-3 tickets for it a year and stopped for it at least 6 times a year. i had it for 5 years. cops in illinois are dicks.

Supernova
    35% all around. Check the link in my sig for the pics. Wish I could get darker, but don't wanna ticket.

SilverKnight
    Well the law here in cali is that the two front windows can only be 35% and the back windows and rear window can be spraypainted black and you can not get a ticket as long as you have the two side mirrors. i found this out because i got pulled over tonight on my way home from work because me and a mustang were going to race and the cop heard our engines roaring at the stop light and pulled us over and let him go and waited about 5 minutes until he let me go :evil: so i thought i would ask him some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by verywhite01
    I know in NY if you do get the ticket you can fight it Right b4 I go to get mine retinted ( now 35 all around gooing with 20 over the 35) I am going to take pictures of my car, b/c if oyu show them you took it off and have no tint or lighter tint they dismiss you ticket, at least in NY.
    when are you going to do this?
    how much it gonna cost and where?
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12