The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tire Wear

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Gir

Tire Wear

What is the average lifespan of your tires? Milage or time-wise.

tires

:twisted: depends on the driver and speed rating if tire wear is even and normal driving about 50 to 60 thousand miles :twisted:

Gir

Re: tires

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95vegasgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>:twisted: depends on the driver and speed rating if tire wear is even and normal driving about 50 to 60 thousand miles :twisted:</div>

On 17's? smacked?

tires

:twisted: My 17'sa year and a half had no alignment about 30 thousand get it aligned it should be about 40 to 50 :twisted:

Gir

Re: tires

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95vegasgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>:twisted: My 17'sa year and a half had no alignment about 30 thousand get it aligned it should be about 40 to 50 :twisted:</div>

Thansk for the replies matt...

just for comparison...i'd like to see other people respond too....

Kain
    Well, if you're like me and light 'em up everytime you take off, they'll not last quite so long. tire compound also plays a big factor as well. It should actually tell you on the side of the tire how long the manufacturer suggests they will last. Umm, it also depends on what you consider to be a "worn out" tire. Are you comfortable rolling on "slicks"? I'd say you should be able to get around 60K on a set of tires. For maximum life, rotate every other oil change (that's 6K for those that don't change the oil regularly) every 4th oil change minimum. I've got Cooper tires on the Galant. They make a lot of noise when pushed hard, and kinda suck on dry pavement, but they have good wet traction and even after 10K of hard driving they still look pretty decent. My next set is gonna be Khumo Ecsta Supras. They have great traction, are cheap, and last quite a while. The enthusiast's Brigadoon!

i got about 30k on my goodyears...still going strong. uhm once in a while like for special occasions, i'll break out the michellins and yea they're pretty worn down. a godo racing tire and show off tire. i got like less than a thousand on those and they pretty worn down. its all on how u use them

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Gir
    I'm getting really REALLY different answers here...

I've heard as little as 6-12 months and at most 60k miles from people. This is really REALLY strange. I want this to also be understood...I am asking this about a smacked car...with 17's. I'm gettin my coilovers now, and I will have rims for Christmas probably....but I'm starting to get really leary of this if every 6-12 months i'll have to change my damn tires.