The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5 speed tranny problem

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    98galant

5 speed tranny problem

When i put it in reverse the reverse lights dont go on most of the time...
    i know its not the actual bulbs cause it goes on once in a while......
    I been told there is a some kind a switch in the transmition that controls the lights and that is what is probably broken..
    Any body know where is that switch located and how hard is it to fix or put a new one in????????
    Or should i just bring it to a mechanic someone told me they charge like 150 for that>>>>>>>

Kain
    's actually a fairly common problem. Check the fuses first, they may be blown. After that, yes the switch is the next place to look. I'm not really sure on the Galant, but the switch is either on the transmission itself or on the shifter. Being FWD it could be either. If that is good, than you probably (likely) have a wiring problem like a loose ground. To check it out, you need to know where that switch is. Unfortunately I can't help you there. I'd suggest tightening up all your ground wires and see if that takes care of the problem.

i'd check the wiring. see if everything is str8. you might have a loose wire, maybe a cracked or broken wire. maybe a bad connection with the bulb possibly. start off with places you can easily acess b4 u start tearing everything apaprt....

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

reverse light

:twisted: my lights havent worked for a year I hardly use it. but tell us what the problem is :twisted: