The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: '95 Galant Information Request

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    psyke

'95 Galant Information Request

Just got a newish 1995 Galant, a 2.0 V6 24v auto which seems fairly fully kitted (air con, PAS, cruise control, ABS, front & rear spoiler, alloys, wood trim).

According to the bloke I bought it off (who is associated with a major Mitsu dealer) the car was originally a press car for this models release. Does anybody have any UK magazines from this year showing Galants, I'm just curious if my car was featured.

Secondly, is there anywhere a 'family tree' for the galants, showing body styles and available engines & options? I'm specifically looking for info on UK models.

Cheers

J apmetal
    I dont know about specific spec for the later models, but I can direct you to this link, which gives you an overall view of the pedigree of your spangly new automobile

Galant Model History

Kieran
    Ebay sometimes turns up Mitsubishi brochures, magazine reviews and related gubbins. There's nothing much there at the moment, save for a mag review of the 8G V6-24, but you'd do well to search the automotive section regularly.

Congratulations on your purchase BTW 8)

Hello;
    I can't help you with your questions,but the car you bought is great.
    I can know that,becuase i have the very same car for 5 years now.
    Good luck,mitsupiet.

orangbaligila
    congrats mate,..

few advice from me,.. watch the autobox for oil and any "funny" sounds, they're quite tuff though with mild abuse, but that and the multi-link suspension need extra attentions at, cos they're quite pricey when they're bad and needing a fix.. (mine did broke its autobox once)

BlackBeauty
    I have the same car too I think. Mine's a 1994 HJ (V6-24, JDM)...oh, and it's an automatic.

Like orangbaligila said, watch out for the gearbox. I bought mine at 80,000km's and after about 2 months the gearbox went - I had to have a complete rebuild done. Since then, i posted info about this on my car's website and on my own website and received a lot of emails from other Galant owners (of the same model) who have had similar problems with their gearbox. Luckily mine was still under warranty so I didn't need to shell out for the total amount. But one guy in particular in Sydney had to get a loan out just to pay for it! :shock: